Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Nice.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
20181224_145359.jpg

This happened to be parked outside Maria's mums house this afternoon. It looked to be UK spec VX with that brochure factory gloss finish. I don't think it was d4d and the underneath was like you would never see, every component factory black just absolutely no rust just like a 1 year old in the UK. ( even the inside of the chassis you can see from the rear wheel arch was still black ).
The trouble is the market value in Cyprus is about €10k and in the UK you would have to want one pretty bad to pay that kind of money when you could buy a 120, maybe not as mint but better to own.
Just looking what's for sale here landcruiser wise there are 2 decent 100's a 98 and a 99 for sale at €33k each! Yes €33k unbelievable.

I guess the price is for the condition, not the number plate

There's something preservative in the air there Andy when i was in Pathos i seen plenty of 70's 80's and 90's most unmolested and well used but the underside looked like it had never got wet .

Think i read somewhere importing a vehicle to Cyprus is something of a minefield , if its not registered in 6 months it becomes government property or some such so perhaps that explains the price tag ?

There's something preservative in the air there Andy when i was in Pathos i seen plenty of 70's 80's and 90's most unmolested and well used but the underside looked like it had never got wet .

Think i read somewhere importing a vehicle to Cyprus is something of a minefield , if its not registered in 6 months it becomes government property or some such so perhaps that explains the price tag ?

There's one thing about it Shayne, If you did import a vehicle here it wouldn.t get any worse.
On the importing side I think you are allowed to import 1 vehicle without duty as a personal possession and anything else after attracts a lot of duty.

The one I looked at last year with Starship mileage was better by far than the 78k one I've just sold body and chassis wise. It's a pity buying one in Cyprus and bringing it to the UK as a mint thing doesn't fit financially.

I guess the price is for the condition, not the number plate

Yes KB, the age related numberplate is the biggest con the British motoring public have ever had to endure and has been totally to the benefit of the British vehicle industry ( especially retail).
Billions of pounds have been spent/wasted by the public on a vanity kick.

View attachment 152538

This happened to be parked outside Maria's mums house this afternoon. It looked to be UK spec VX with that brochure factory gloss finish. I don't think it was d4d and the underneath was like you would never see, every component factory black just absolutely no rust just like a 1 year old in the UK. ( even the inside of the chassis you can see from the rear wheel arch was still black ).
The trouble is the market value in Cyprus is about €10k and in the UK you would have to want one pretty bad to pay that kind of money when you could buy a 120, maybe not as mint but better to own.
Just looking what's for sale here landcruiser wise there are 2 decent 100's a 98 and a 99 for sale at €33k each! Yes €33k unbelievable.
If maintained a Landcruiser in Cyprus will outlive its owner that's the saying here anyway , the Police have started using LC150s replacing the Pajeros they had . You have to wax cars here or the sun will burn the top coat and the car will look like its got peeling skin like a person who has had bad sunburn

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The only thing I noticed on the cyprus vehicles was the paint suffers a bit in the sunlight (I'm guessing the dash would as well) but thats a lot easier to fix than rust! I love cyprus, especially in the spring, but with a vehicle it's not that easy or cheap to get to.
just sent you a conversation BTW

The only thing I noticed on the cyprus vehicles was the paint suffers a bit in the sunlight (I'm guessing the dash would as well) but thats a lot easier to fix than rust! I love cyprus, especially in the spring, but with a vehicle it's not that easy or cheap to get to.
All car accessory shops sell dashboard and interior spray that protects vinyl , rubber , leather from UV and heat . I use it , in summer the dash gets too hot to touch with your hand .

PM sent back.

Too many vehicles driven by the age related number plate saga, did I say saga?, I meant scandal. Vehicles where my bro lives ( Canada) are not subject to this distortion and generally sold on condition.

Many people, when buying a used vehicle, are already thinking of the resale value and will go for the latest plate they can. Someone buying something as a long term keeper, an old LC for instance, knows the reg date is largely irrelevant.

Too many vehicles driven by the age related number plate saga, did I say saga?, I meant scandal. Vehicles where my bro lives ( Canada) are not subject to this distortion and generally sold on condition.

At work I see a lot of very expensive cars that end up at auction after a year or two. It’s absolutely sickening to get into a newish vehicle that has been treated so badly it’s lost all value and is one outpost away from the shipping container or the scrapyard. More often than not they’ve been in the hands of twenty-somethings which is baffling in itself.

You think plate snobbery is bad in the UK? It's the pits here.. our plates begin with year of first registration. The govt even decided (pushed by the motor industry) to split the year in two back in 2013, to get a sales boost in July for the new plate!!

They even advertise new cars here as get your 191 Renault, or 'buy new for 182' was used this year. It's all most people look at. It helps when buying used though, if you can find an older reg car in good condition

I still don't know how to read the age of a car by the number plate to me its a label for the police to use which holds no real world relevance .

Back