Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Niggly little things

Just getting the KZT ready for it's MOT. Handbrake cable swivel on the rear axle had siezed so only the nearside was locking up - bolts and bush all rusted up, and sheared when I tried to undo them. Drilled out and made a new arm bush from some nylon tube, made a new pivot assembly from bits and pieces - now working perfectly . . . . . . and then I noticed the nearside rear brake light went out when the sidelights were switched on! Bum! Usual bad earth, but there was a lot of corrosion on the rear stop/tail socket. Cleaned it all up, re-soldered the earth lead, started to re-assemble and discovered I can't get the stop/tail bulb back in the socket. The contact disc at the bottom of the socket seems to have stuck and won't push back down against the spring to allow me to get the bulb in. Have now packed up for the day leaving job unfinished. Ain't it always the way? The most stupid little thing can cost you hours of fiddling, while making up a new part and fitting it can take less than an hour. Grrrrrrrr!

My neighbour who has a Land-Rover 90 said he never gets these small corrosion problems because the underside of his 90 is always coated in a film of oil. I tried to persuade him that this was not a design feature . . . . .

John_McCartney said:
My neighbour who has a Land-Rover 90 said he never gets these small corrosion problems because the underside of his 90 is always coated in a film of oil. I tried to persuade him that this was not a design feature . . . . .
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's only usually the front inside of a landy chassis that doesn't rot everything else does

And the wiring is by the king of darkness - AKA Lucas!

Your little problems are nothing in comparison to a LR the age I expect

Back