Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

No air for center vents

George Mercieca

Country Flag
australia
Hi there,
I am new to this forum, but have found it very interesting interesting.
I have no air coming through the centre vents when I put the fan or the air conditioning on a HZJ75 landcruiser ute 98 model. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be so. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
George

Welcome to the club George. :icon-biggrin:

As its just the center one not working I suspect a section of the plastic ducting behind the dash has either fallen off or been removed.

You need to remove the screws holding the black plastic stereo surround and remove it completely, then have a good look, maybe with a torch and see if those vents are connected with tubes to the blower. :icon-wink:

Welcome to the club George. :icon-biggrin:

As its just the center one not working I suspect a section of the plastic ducting behind the dash has either fallen off or been removed.

You need to remove the screws holding the black plastic stereo surround and remove it completely, then have a good look, maybe with a torch and see if those vents are connected with tubes to the blower. :icon-wink:
Hey Ben,
Thanks for the reply mate,I'll check it out over the weekend

I don't know the 70 series at all, but some ducts are controlled by spring loaded flaps, and I've found the springs broken, corroded or just missing sometimes. Often something can be improvised.

Also, the control sliders often operate by cables which can become loose, or the outer cable clamp becomes detached. It's worth trying to trace along the control cable to the flap and see what you can find.

Everything heater is difficult, hidden behind the dash and entangled with wires, it's a real pain!

Welcome to the forum BTW :thumbup:

Back