Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

No email notifications to new posts

Rob

Garage
Occasionally I dont seem to be getting email notifications when there are new posts on a thread. Has anyone else had this issue? I have checked and I am subscribed to to the suspect threads. I use Tapatalk and Chrome.

I sometimes get delays but I think they always turn up. I don't think Crispin is using this servers SMTP to send them out though, I think he using some other arrangement?

Subscribed to this thread when I saw it... and just got a notification of Jon's reply.... so it's a :thumbup: from me.

It seems very intermitant. I have not got an email when Gary posted midday today on the Tidworth thread :? Last time I looked at that thread was in the morning using tapatalk... Yes I am subscribed as there is only an unsubscribe topic option.

Virgin decided I am not allowed onto the net tonight :(

I'm not using the smtp server but rather relaying through Google for reasons I forget.
On occasion Google does not send an email but rejects it randomly. I suspect that is why you sometimes miss them.

Will look onto redoing the mail stuff and try remember why I did it the way I did...

Sent from TapaTalk

OK, let me ask a dumb question - how do you get to see the postings as emails? I always browse the forum website.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You need to subscribe to the tread, set it to subscribe as default in the CP.

Crispin, I remeber having a very similar conversation via PM a while back about the same problem, however it disappeared. Now its back again :(

SpinDrift said:
OK, let me ask a dumb question - how do you get to see the postings as emails? I always browse the forum website.
We're not getting the postings as an email Reinhard, just a notification there has been a new post ;)

No problems here, I seem to be getting all the notifications. :thumbup:

It's been happening again recently. Something to do with forum maintenance Crispin?

Nope, nothing has changed on that front. I suspect it is still google doing it to us.
I'll change the settings in a minute and see if it works. If it does, it should be better.

Will let you know when done.

having a look through the logs google has been spitting number of emails back when there are a lot in quick succession.

I've now changed it to use the local mail server so all should be well now.

Thanks Crispin, looks like its working now. Will report if there any more issues.

Been getting this issue again over the last week or so, only getting email notifications from a select few threads. And before anyone says anything I am subscribed to the others...

I've checked the logs Rob, there are no errors like last time.

Is it still happening?

Haven't noticed it over the last couple of days :?

Rob, Simon just had a similar problem but found the emails in his spam folder. Any chance your's are having the same problem?

Nothing in the spam filter, next time it happens I will show evidence using print screen.

Back