Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

No email notifications to new posts

Just looked again now home. The spam is not in my mail client on my PC - it is only in the spam folder of my ISP web mail which suggests the emails aren't making it to the PC. Will need to change a setting on server ISP spam folder to mark PMs as safe. Found them all in the webmail spam folder.

The emails never make to my PC as I do not use my ISP for email, I use gmail all the spam ends up in my spam inbox. Besides if they were being filtered by my spam filter then I would not get any emails, the key is occasionally some don't appear in my inbox. Checked my spam inbox for the last 30 days and they are not there.

OK here is he proof,

My email inbox (with all the other emails removed for obvious reasons):
[attachment=2:3v78981m]Emails.PNG[/attachment:3v78981m]

So I have only received one eamil regarding the OEM immobiliser topic at 11:04. If you click on the link in the email you will see it takes you to the reply of my first post in the topic viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14410&p=117741#p117741. Now if you scroll down there is another post by me and a reply at 11:41 to which there is no email notification.
[attachment=1:3v78981m]Forum posts.PNG[/attachment:3v78981m]

Now if you look at the topics at the time of print screening you will see that someone responded to the Bull bar/nudge bar and I have got an email at 13:40, one minute after the reply to the thread so its back to normal and the system only lost the one email.
[attachment=0:3v78981m]Forum.PNG[/attachment:3v78981m]

I have set the time on the forum correctly, and I have checked my spam inbox and there is nothing there.

Proof that I am not going mad :cool:

Attachments

• Emails.PNG
    Emails.PNG
    64.5 KB · Views: 312
  • Forum posts.PNG
    Forum posts.PNG
    75.7 KB · Views: 329
  • Forum.PNG
    Forum.PNG
    24 KB · Views: 315
Rob,

I've noticed I don't get some emails for new user registrations. I see now there are 4 or 5 errors in the log for the past few days. I wonder if its a volume thing that the server is rejecting us. Each time someone replies to a thread it'll send a few out...

I'll chat to the ISP and see what they say.

Back