Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

No wipers and motors on my back doors..

Matey Matev

Country Flag
bulgaria
917F50E5-F6B6-4B72-B85E-EBE6A70AD2AD.jpeg
Hello from Bulgaria! I own an 1998 Land Cruiser 105 4.2 diesel non turbo. I have a question about the back doors. They don’t have wipers and no motors, all the other 105 that I have seen do. Is there any other 105 that don’t have it, or mine had and someone took it out before I bought it, no holes for wipers also. I would like to put motors and wipers if possible. Any help and advice will be much appreciate it.. Thank you..

View attachment 152762 Hello from Bulgaria! I own an 1998 Land Cruiser 105 4.2 diesel non turbo. I have a question about the back doors. They don’t have wipers and no motors, all the other 105 that I have seen do. Is there any other 105 that don’t have it, or mine had and someone took it out before I bought it, no holes for wipers also. I would like to put motors and wipers if possible. Any help and advice will be much appreciate it.. Thank you..
Hi, you could have a look on Toyodiy and put other model numbers from the vehicles that have the parts in so you can get the bits and fit them. Amayama.com may also be a source of a parts diagram, and one of the best sources for the bits.

Hi, you could have a look on Toyodiy and put other model numbers from the vehicles that have the parts in so you can get the bits and fit them. Amayama.com may also be a source of a parts diagram, and one of the best sources for the bits.
Thank you. I will look into it..

They are separate mechs (somewhat stating the obvious) but somehow they’re electronically synced. I don’t know how, but I’m guessing mine are the same set-up on my 80 with ‘ambulance’ doors like yours.

The switch is on the wiper stalk (RHS) it has a 5 position rotating end to the stalk, off-water jet-dwell-on constant-and-on with water jet.
So for the full kit you need the 2 wiper mechs, the water jets, hosing to the front screen wash bottle and a different bottle with the extra pump, that’s if you go OEM with everything.
It will cost a fortune IMO, I’d suggest trying to find a donor 80 with ambulance doors, and hope they’ll fit.

They are separate mechs (somewhat stating the obvious) but somehow they’re electronically synced. I don’t know how, but I’m guessing mine are the same set-up on my 80 with ‘ambulance’ doors like yours.

The switch is on the wiper stalk (RHS) it has a 5 position rotating end to the stalk, off-water jet-dwell-on constant-and-on with water jet.
So for the full kit you need the 2 wiper mechs, the water jets, hosing to the front screen wash bottle and a different bottle with the extra pump, that’s if you go OEM with everything.
It will cost a fortune IMO, I’d suggest trying to find a donor 80 with ambulance doors, and hope they’ll fit.
I will look in to it tomorrow, there are two 80 that are sold for parts near me,hope they have everything I need to make the swap.
I will let you know how things turn...

:text-+1: On that from Clive. Might take a bit to make them fit but then again might not. As said, a small fortune New I’m sure.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:text-+1: On that from Clive. Might take a bit to make them fit but then again might not. As said, a small fortune New I’m sure.

I appreciate the doors will be different, but bracketry is bracketry, there’s almost no limit to what you can do.

The hardest part will be the control switching, because transplanting the column stalk control would be out of the question, I guess.

Maybe a rocker set up with just the basics, on/off will do, but I must say the dwell on mine is very useful.

The washers can be wired in how it suits, it can have its own bottle and pump from almost any car in the scrapyard...

One way of looking at it is that you are lucky: Rear wipers just scratch the glass, and it's impossible to keep the rear windows clean without lotsa water. Also, when you actually use your cruiser's cargo space, or carry passengers, you can't see much anyhow. The idea is: just learn to use the side mirrors, and be happy. Install a reversing camera if you need to reverse with children around, it's cheaper than wipers anyhow.
Some forum members reported that the first thing to do with any new (for them) cruiser, is to remove the rear view mirror and rear wipers, as it's just in the way.

Nice cruiser - Looks like you have to get a rack - with those nice steps.

One way of looking at it is that you are lucky: Rear wipers just scratch the glass, and it's impossible to keep the rear windows clean without lotsa water. Also, when you actually use your cruiser's cargo space, or carry passengers, you can't see much anyhow. The idea is: just learn to use the side mirrors, and be happy. Install a reversing camera if you need to reverse with children around, it's cheaper than wipers anyhow.
Some forum members reported that the first thing to do with any new (for them) cruiser, is to remove the rear view mirror and rear wipers, as it's just in the way.

Nice cruiser - Looks like you have to get a rack - with those nice steps.
I am one of this people that want everything to be in place with their car.I am looking into a rack also. The problem here in Bulgaria is that everything for this rig is so hard to find, everything gets shipped from Australia and is quite expensive( talking about accessories),everything else from Toyota and is a big wait..

Uhu does have a point there. I’ll also add that Clive’s wiring to the doors caught fire and he’s been having problems on and off due to this since. A reversing camera is virtually essential these days on these trucks IMO. You can get some pretty good ones that fit onto the rear view mirror.

Agree with the above to an extent.

I can say for sure that if I didn’t have the rear wipers fitted OEM, I certainly wouldn’t be looking to install them from scratch.

Everything has to pass from body to door, which means cables and hoses having to ‘manage’ the opening and closing. This causes trauma especially to wiring, and as Richard said, I ended up with a direct short in the LHS door, which burned from back to front, it was unstoppable, till I got the battery terminals disconnected, which was too late.

It was winter, circa -10C and actually caught fire in the rear quarter behind the jack stowage, scared the hell out of me in the dark. Miles from anywhere, with my elderly father-in-law and my daughter of 6 months old on board with us.

It burned the looms all the way, including behind the dash, the whole fusebox under the dash was melted.

It’s reasonably stable now, but still gives me signs.

For the last 6 months or so, the red square ignition warning light in the dash pod has been on or flickering and the yellow dash indicator for the water sensor in the fuel filter is permanently on.

I’d have the whole damn truck rewired, but the cost is prohibitive. I tend to hit one section at a time when things decide not to work.

I hate electrickery...

Back