Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Noob saying hello

Scaltura

Country Flag
scotland
Hi

I'd just like to say hello, obvious first post. I'm looking to buy an 80 turbo derv, so no doubt I'll be skulking around for info when I manage to snare one and get rid of my syncro.

Cheers

Welcome aboard, Scaltura, :thumbup:
There'll be a one or two :lol: 80 owners along shortly to help and advise you.
Good luck in your hunt for an 80

Hello Scaltura,
A wise move as lots of us look at the vehicles that come up for sale and some may know parts of their history or may have seen it for sale before. Lots of old info to research about your target vehicle too so you can learn about what to look for. Welcome aboard

Hi Brain, and thanks for the welcome, I really need to get right truck before I fully absorb myself, I'm on the case

Hi Ben, there are two on fleabay at the moment I've contacted seller about one but no reply as yet. Tho still to move on my syncro, but won't be long in moving it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There are 2 main (i think) era’s of 80’s, the 12 valve or 24 valve. Do you want manual or auto gearbox? Trim levels matter too. I preferred cloth seats which was lower spec Gx i think rather than vx which had leather and wood etc

Hi Scaltura and welcome to this friendly forum. Good luck with your search and look underneath whatever you view. There's import 81s with far less exposure to road salt that are pretty good underneath as are some UK ones. There are some dogs out there but there's plenty of buying advice on here so you've done the best thing signing up here first. Rust is your enemy, take your time and view plenty until you find the one for you.
Have a search in the 80 series section, there's plenty of info.

Good luck and photos are mandatory when you've found your Cruiser.

Best wishes
Rich

I'd prefer cloth seats, but I could live with leather, also would prefer manual box, I'm not biggest fan if plastic wood, I'm open tbh. Plan would be to put drawers in back for gear and to sleep on when going hiking, be long term daily driver/project. I'm a mechanic/MET tech so can manage work

Hi Scaltura and welcome to this friendly forum. Good luck with your search and look underneath whatever you view. There's import 81s with far less exposure to road salt that are pretty good underneath as are some UK ones. There are some dogs out there but there's plenty of buying advice on here so you've done the best thing signing up here first. Rust is your enemy, take your time and view plenty until you find the one for you.
Have a search in the 80 series section, there's plenty of info.

Good luck and photos are mandatory when you've found your Cruiser.

Best wishes
Rich

Thanks Rich

My 94 VX import has AC, cloth seats, no plastic wood, limited slip diff in the rear and no front locker. No ABS or airbags or emissions gadgets.

Thanks star for warm welcome, having refurbished a few vw t25's I know about rust lol

There sure are some lovely Japanese imports,, be good to find a vein

There's a 96 ice blue 4.2 on eBay anyone know anything about it?

Sorry grey

Try hitting 'share item' on the eBay listing and 'copy' then paste the link straight into your text. That should worknunless there's any restrictions by the number of posts you've made.

The description is a bit lacking and flowery for my liking but it certainly looks tidy on top. Doesn't look like it's been messed about with much either but looks like a few corrosion issues under the bonnet and what looks to be condensation on the windows possibly indicating water getting in. Should be worth a look if nobody flags up the seller.

Back