Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Not exactly caster correction but ........

Nice did it lengthen the wheelbase aswell?

2" down and 1" forward - moving the axle forward was my main goal because tyres scrub on the mudflap but while messing with it i got to looking at the the prop UJ which is now aligned very well indeed .

Tested at 60mph i couldn't convince myself there was any change but the mrs then drove it and insists something feels better .

What size tyres you running then?

You should see the rear fairlead lead my mate made for his rear winch. Piece of bent tube wire rolls on perfectly

I suggest you get that approved by a main MOT centre, one that looks at modifications Shayne, as without it you could have insurance issues. At least that will give peace of mind too.

Yours
Dr Kiljoy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What size tyres you running then?

Only 35's but with a big offset rim and small lift coupled with the fact it didn't feel as planted at 80+ as it did before the lift i decided caster did need correcting so why remove the mudflaps .

Mot center does approve anything. It's time of test. Rust is like 3 months.

What thickness steel is it? Looks like it's got braces inside across the plates. Welded all the way around

It's 4mm i think , it was just a mock up , i honestly expected it to cause more problems than it solved so i needed to keep the option of returning to standard , but i'm very happy with the results and tommorow the place i buy my steel from will be open so i will have more choices then .

Now i have a working template i might make it a bolt on part .

Incidentally having done this i reckon the Man a Fre caster brackets would be fine for a manual truck , they just need trimming with a grinder .

ARRRGGGHHHH !

I need longer M17 bolts and every place i've called says good luck with that , they can be custom made if i'm willing to wait a month :|

I got the bolts I used from a great supply I used in my work.

They are called cofast in Plymouth.

Can also make custom if you really need it

Bush bolt needs to be tight and not enough thread for 6mm steel either side

So you have a 17mm hole in the plate? Can't this go to 18mm

Only if i drill out the bush sleeve as well :think: its an option i guess

Thats why i'm keeping Toyota's bracket Frank , few will weld that strong upside down so the plan is to more or less to
brace whats already there .

17mm is a blooming odd size. Is that the size of the unthreaded part on the original bolts?

Back