Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Not exactly caster correction but ........

I may have a set of the bolts in the garage that I had for another project. I used them On my drop boxes in the same place

If you can find them Stu and they are 17mm diameter of suitable length i'd probably buy them off you .

What’s the thread size Shayne? They may be shoulder bolts, probably specific to Toyota of course.

1.5 thread flange bolt i'd call it but a washer is a good as a flange and the thread isn't very important so long as i have nuts to match .

1.5 thread flange bolt i'd call it but a washer is a good as a flange and the thread isn't very important so long as i have nuts to match .
which is why I’m asking what thread size it is.

Does the thread only pass through the hole then the 17mm portion stop short or would the whole 17mm portion pass through the hole.
This is trying to tell you to just buy and fit manufactured castor correction drop boxes. With testing to say they’re solid and safe after 400,000 miles on them. In big neon letters.

Go buy them then , i tried nobody wants my money im tired of trying to give it away , the one buying success i had cost me about £1400 6 or 7 weeks ago and for the last month i get an occasional suggestion that he will send a tracking number tomorrow .

Save it mate im not interested .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Will admin please delete this thread because i won't be updating it .

Why is that? I thinks it's great someone is doing something different to solve a issue that doesn't buy what is already out there.

Shayne the 2 bolts I have are m16 x100. These are the ones I am using in my drop boxes. Happy to send or pass on the 2 I have

Thanks Stu but the standard bolt is just over 100mm with 30 thread and 60 smooth shaft so the perfect bolt would add 6mm to each .

Bolts to axle are M16 i think :think: surely all those ready made tried and tested drop boxes don't come with the wrong size bolts just because they are easy to source cheap .

Mine came from Clive thanks very much...

M16 is more off the shelf but was fairly hard to get.

Cofast in Plymouth have m16 on the shelf. If you speak to them I could collect in the m9rning tomorrow.

They may have 110mm long

As the thread is still here i will end it with this .

cc-help-jpg.647420.jpg

The op is a braver man than me because he removed the arms without propping the truck to fit correction bushes and was asking for suggestions on how to move the axle so he can bolt it up again .

He doesn't say what lift he needed correction bushes for but in my mind it shows very clearly where the axle sits naturally , so least stress and better manners at speed .

My regular supplier has M16 and M18 so i'm good Stu but thanks for the offer .

Ok great

The oem ones are m16 so why can't you use them?

Go buy them then , i tried nobody wants my money im tired of trying to give it away , the one buying success i had cost me about £1400 6 or 7 weeks ago and for the last month i get an occasional suggestion that he will send a tracking number tomorrow .

Save it mate im not interested .
I don’t get this post Shayne.
Sorry if I’ve in any way offended you or touched a raw nerve.
You’ll do it the Shayne way, of that I’m certain, and no one and nothing is going to alter that and that’s great as long as nothing bad happens.
Having made stuff up for commercial sale, I’ve had to go through the process of ‘what could possibly go wrong’ and what do you need to do to prevent it. I guess in my own clumsy way I’m trying to get you to think along the same lines and avoid a costly mistake or worse. Apologies for assuming you weren’t already thinking this way.

Your pic just set the alarm bells ringing in me and I couldn’t just stand by and watch without saying anything that's all.

Sorry if my posts on this thread have come across as criticism, they’re not and were never meant to be. You are innovating with what you do and with that comes many incarnations, mistakes, restarts, failures and successes. It’s a bit more high risk on nearly 3 tonnes of speeding metal and occupants than making the next greatest vacuum cleaner. It’s more difficult to test beyond running around in it as metal fatigue and added leverage plays a big part long term.
As you know, these bits are mission critical.

No worries your input has been invalueable , had only we spoke first i wouldn't have wasted hours over months researching and more hours cutting , grinding and welding and money on materials and prefessional welder .

Alas now i have voided my insurance can no longer get an mot sent my truck to a scrapyard and killed myself to boot all on a public forum to , i really don't know why it didnt occur to me to just buy from a shop something that would give me exactly what i want and was a 10 minute bolt in job .

Back