Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Not Land Cruiser I know, but a nice classic nevertheless...

clivehorridge

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania
Under the title of “chit-chat” I thought some may be interested in this Jeep recently acquired by a friend of a friend here, from Spain.

He thinks it’s descendent of the Jeepster Commando circa late 60’s and the amazing thing about it is it’s original paintwork, no damage and no repairs, and no sign of any rust whatsoever! It’s all original with no mods or added accessories, and even the soft-top is intact, fully functioning, and with no rips, tears or patching.

I’ve googled Jeepster Commando and it seems that it might have been a shorter model of the one he has, made by Kaiser Jeep, before Kaiser was bought up by AMC (American Motors Corporation) in 1970. AMC continued production under the name of the “Commando C101” (101” wheelbase) and it looks to me to be one of these AMC C101 vehicles.

2C9AE2B6-11CA-4F67-9A1D-81E2BF8AFE94.jpeg
F84A9A1F-9A8F-4CC0-B322-55F939026336.jpeg
1F004E6E-BC93-48F2-9F43-006454DADD92.jpeg
ACB28D5F-C22E-480E-8EF6-A99F290C7468.jpeg

The odd thing is that it has a 4 cyl normally aspirated Diesel engine, and there’s no sign that this wasn’t the original engine from manufacture. It has lever selectable 4wd and he thinks the car was produced for the Spanish market, the registration has only one owner from new, in Spain.

Anyway, its a beauty of a collector’s item and I’m told he paid just over €5k for it :shock:

His other car is a fully restored 1953 Volvo Sugga (TP21) ...

F5D4F72E-2519-46C6-92F7-DBF1B4F4CAEE.jpeg

I caught this first photo of the Sugga as it passed me in a traffic-jam, not knowing who the owner was. The pics below are some I found on the inter web, when I was trying to identify it. They are the same model but not the same car. It’s a beast, 4wd, will go anywhere and very tough.

2B6CAB7B-962E-4B75-86C5-0C1D9E50E809.jpeg

0DABB60D-630B-4F7B-AEC6-A00D077497BD.jpeg

There’s a much-instagrammed 1957 Sugga in London - quite an incongruous sight parked up in Knightsbridge and Belgravia.

There’s a much-instagrammed 1957 Sugga in London - quite an incongruous sight parked up in Knightsbridge and Belgravia.

They’re a strange car, looks moggy minor (ish), it’s as big as an 80, and just as capable (almost). I like it because of its odness, age and ability. It’s got character, that can’t be denied.

A neighbour of mine has a hardtop(fiberglass?) version of the commander badged as an Ebro.It's a weekly driver , making the 10k journey to town every monday in a cloud of unburnt diesel & blue smoke.Spain has a long history of rebadgeing & building vehicles under license , the early Seat models include versions of the Fiat 500 & 124.Lorries & other commercials were badged as Ebro or later on as Pegasus.A Pegasus version of the VW LT
35 was available until the late 80s I think.The most well known build under license was of course the Landrover Santana & later a version of the Suzuki samurai.Mitsubishi Shouguns were badged as Galloper super exceed , maybe because pajero in Spanish is wanker.

They’re a strange car, looks moggy minor (ish), it’s as big as an 80, and just as capable (almost). I like it because of its odness, age and ability. It’s got character, that can’t be denied.
I love that Sugga. that would sort them out in the traffic. I should imagine its got the petrol engine.. correct me if im wrong, It does look good.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I love that Sugga. that would sort them out in the traffic. I should imagine its got the petrol engine.. correct me if im wrong, It does look good.

The one I know of is petrol...

John Coghlan has, or used to have a Sugga. I think he has a bit of a soft spot for ex military trucks. I really like the look of the Sugga, just the sort of thing to shoehorn a nice V8 into.......

Love it :thumbup:

If i won the lottery a modified 69 Camaro and something like this below would definitely be found in my stables

1602326159654.png

Back