Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OBD2 Connector

Thanks for the info! I didn't know the software needed to be upgraded for new injectors! Are you using OEM injectors?

Wonder if everyone else has updated the ECU when they replaced theirs?

Karl, there is a sticky on here, started about a year ago, and added to since, on120 injector replacement, that may have what you need ?

My car had the old ones that should be changed during the recall that Toyota issued 10+ years back but the previous owner didn't.
When i bought it, i changed them since they were far out of the specs and the danger of breaking the pistons was high.

I changed the olds with new ones from denso. Exactly the ones that Toyota was placing to substitute the faulty ones.
Not at a Toyota dealer but to an authorized Bosch injector specialized workshop.
At this workshop they also registered the new injectors and all was fine until 1 year later when the engine started having light vibrations when starting cold.
Nobody could find what's wrong so one of the Toyota dealers suggested me to upgrade the ECU software which I did. It didn't solve the problem and occasionally I still have this issue during winter.
After going to five different Toyota dealers nobody can find what it is but all of them are saying that it's not related to the injectors neither to the engine mountings which I have also changed.

Back