Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OEM 90 series radio

Mick W

Country Flag
great_britain
Anyone had any luck with finding an outlet for original OEM radios for their LC? I have the two versions from the Toyota site (86120-60210 & 86120-60260) but been unable to find anything on Fleabay. Ideas for other sites to check much appreciated :thumbup:

Why would you fit original when cheap chinky satnav double din stereo's are probably better for most peoples want's .

• Sad
Reactions: Osi
Wreckers going to be the only place I think unless someone who upgraded as it laying about in their garage. Mine was upgraded a long time ago by the previous owner, it's a Pioneer head unit that just about does bluetooth but is suitably retro nowadays. But if it broke I'd be going cheap double-din android I think.

OEM cost of radios is ridiculous. My wife wanted to upgrade our Lancer from the old-fashioned CD player to the MMCS (Mitsubishi satnav). You'd think Mitsi have these gathering dust, well they do, but they want over AUD2k for it. The car is only worth AUD5k on a good day!

Fleabay has a few units but sellers put a higher premium on them than new sophisticated radios. Just goes to show that older build quality generally is better! Throw away components nowadays

Echo Shayne's comments about why you would want an OEM radio? Unless you're restoring it for concours level, personally can't see the point.

If you're not bothered about (extra) functionality - which you don't seem to be, then you can pickup a decent branded ( Pioneer, JVC, Sony etc.) new but fairly basic, single din head unit for less than £50.

This will look similar to OEM and won't really catch the interest of any wannabe thief, if that was a concern.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This tape i probably recorded maybe 30 years ago and it still works fine , never jumps and never got scratched , I'm still waiting for something as good to be invented in a digital world .

6658C5EF-16B1-409F-8FF0-4F2E895E4EC0.jpeg

Somebody had already molested the 80 when i got it so i went for the next best thing mainly because it gives me satnav , a reverse cam and a stereo . Cost about 100 quid i think ?

C6FF3E25-43FF-46CF-9D4F-3F6C68783536.jpeg

I remember radio , my gran used to listen to it before she died in the 1980's

Last edited:
Hi Mick, might have my OEM one laying around at home somwhere. Will take a look for you. :thumbup:

Echo Shayne's comments about why you would want an OEM radio? Unless you're restoring it for concours level, personally can't see the point.

If you're not bothered about (extra) functionality - which you don't seem to be, then you can pickup a decent branded ( Pioneer, JVC, Sony etc.) new but fairly basic, single din head unit for less than £50.

This will look similar to OEM and won't really catch the interest of any wannabe thief, if that was a concern.
I have a single DIN Sony unit but in all my 4x4 I’ve tried to get the radio as OEM. Just old school, bit like me :dance:

I have a single DIN Sony unit but in all my 4x4 I’ve tried to get the radio as OEM. Just old school, bit like me :dance:
Hi Mick, turns out mine was also the Sony unit. Sorry for the false hope there.

Attachments

• 20200331_201952.jpg
    20200331_201952.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 22
No worries Giovanni, thanks for looking. Stay safe :mask:

if you're just after an OEM style look would it be worth looking at any other double-din sized ones from other Toyota models or even further afield? One thing though if you do go international - AM spacing is different in North America (10kHz vs 9kHz), and the FM band is different in Japan (76-108MHz). I am sure there are other differences.

Thanks AW. I did look at the eBay US site but soon realised frequencies would all be different. I've got a UK refurbished double DIN coming (with security code :thumbup: ) so happy now. Stay safe :mask:

So, I finally received the Toyota radio. Not exactly the correct model but thought it should be ok. However, two issues...….
1. The connectors I have available only fit two of the five available on the radio (circled, which seem to only power the CD unit)
2. The radio is bigger than the dash opening

I have nothing to plug into the ports A, B and C

20200413_113753.jpg

20200413_113832.jpg

Wrongly assumed that older models were standard 1DIN or 2DIN size openings and that all connectors would be the same....Doh! :doh:

Oh dear! Given the trip, disc, and navigation, one may be for a speed signal, one for a GPS antenna, and one for a CD changer.

anyone need a radio? model code is 86120-42061

That looks like the radio in my 120

I was going to say the same - looks like one off a later model (120 series) or even different model (Avensis/Corolla) etc.

AFAIK, the units on UK 90s were single DIN cassette radios with (optional) CD multiplayer fitted under the front passenger seat. No built-in navigation functionality was available - unless you count the map reading lights :icon-wink:

I was going to say the same - looks like one off a later model (120 series) or even different model (Avensis/Corolla) etc.

AFAIK, the units on UK 90s were single DIN cassette radios with (optional) CD multiplayer fitted under the front passenger seat. No built-in navigation functionality was available - unless you count the map reading lights :icon-wink:
Your right about the single DIN. I checked the Toyota site with my VIN

Back