Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Off road tour in Ireland

Terre Passion

Country Flag
france
Hi everyone! I am the secretary of Terre Passion, a club from the Toulouse area in the south of France. We organize a trip (or raid) abroad every year in May and we would like to discover Ireland in May 2018. We need a little help to organize an off road tour: advice on the best routes, possible accommodation... Looking forward to hearng from you.
Marie-Emilie

Hi Marie-Emilie

I was in Ireland last year. Started in the North Donegal up in the North which was great. I used ordanance survey maps which show all the tracks you can drive. best spot I found was up around Muckish Mountain where I wild camped at the bottom where there is an abandoned mine. I then headed down to Kerry that is beautiful but I found less 4x4 driving. Great beach called inch beach which you can drive on and wild camp. I also headed up to Carrauntoohil mountain which is the highest in Ireland and absoulutly stunning. I found a farm at the bottom 51.980132, -9.730481 (google maps) where again I wild camped but they insisted I came in for dinner which was great. Think they do B&B there as well if that helps.

I am down in Toulouse quite a bit as my Dad lives fairly close near Esperazer and hoping to be down for Christmas.

I'm based in Athenry (near Galway on west coast) and not that many Landcruisers in Ireland ; seperate site here that you can post to
I frequent the Land Rovers sites (as lots of them around) and they are quite helpful for places to go etc.
Donegal (in NW) would have most of the remote and wild camping if thats what you are looking for. Also depends on how many in your group
Have to help -- email brendan @ lally . info

Look for the website of the Wild Atlantic Way, lots of visitor info and route suggestions.

I'm based in Athenry (near Galway on west coast) and not that many Landcruisers in Ireland ; seperate site here ...
Got this when trying to visit LCOC.IE:
ScreenHunter_75 Dec. 17 22.06.jpg

Sorry to interrupt the thread. Ireland looks really interresting. A bit like Norway, but with better beer and more possibilities for offroading.

Strange. I don't get that, but a member so maybe a difference.
If you're not able to get in and register then I can post on your behalf

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We did a lot of the Wild Atlantic Way last summer well worth the trip

Strange. I don't get that, but a member so maybe a difference.
If you're not able to get in and register then I can post on your behalf
It's ok now - lcoc.ie works fine.

Back