Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Official Toyota Bullbar

Mike M

Country Flag
scotland
Hi folks,

Having bother trying to source a Bullbar for the 76 wagon here in the UK.

Very jealous of the choice in Oz but difficult to find a company over there that ships to the UK.

I fancied the large tube ARB Bullbar but it's not compatible with the factory winch apparently. ( Anyone know any different?)

So I've found these from Toyota....

https://southsidetoyota.com.au/toyota-landcruiser70-accessories-brisbane.html

Called up my local Toyota dealership but they just say the accessories are not available in the UK.

I've been in touch with Julian at overland cruisers who can get me anything ARB but the compatibility with the factory winch puts me off abit.

Anyone have any ideas? Personally I like the steel Toyota bar better but seems impossible to get a hold of.

the problem with Toyota genuine parts is they are region specific. with merc for example this isn't the case. if a part was an option in Mongolia for your u140l. your main dealer in Scunthorpe will be able to get it for you.
depends how much you want it. give the dealer in oz a ring for a price and if they are willing to ship. ask them for a part number while you are at it then pm me..:icon-wink:

the problem with Toyota genuine parts is they are region specific. with merc for example this isn't the case. if a part was an option in Mongolia for your u140l. your main dealer in Scunthorpe will be able to get it for you.
depends how much you want it. give the dealer in oz a ring for a price and if they are willing to ship. ask them for a part number while you are at it then pm me..:icon-wink:

Thanks, interesting to read about Merc. Sent you a PM, I have part numbers.

What are you planning to hit with it? I can't imagine that you will come across many kangaroos?

If you can check the stud pattern on the OEM winch then cross reference with the bumper you want to check it fits.

Don't west coast do iron man?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What are you planning to hit with it? I can't imagine that you will come across many kangaroos?

Lol no roos but plenty of roe, fallow and red deer running in front of cars oh and plenty crappy drivers about too.
Also I need somewhere to mount my spot lamps.

If you can check the stud pattern on the OEM winch then cross reference with the bumper you want to check it fits.

Don't west coast do iron man?

Great, thanks for that. I hadn't looked at iron man and their premium deluxe bar looks similar to the toyota one.

Regarding the winch, yeah I'll need to get a better look at the mountings and measure out the stud pattern. I know original is mounted between the chassis legs rather than onto the bumper.

Yes but I do expect the feet stud pattern will be the industrial standard. Will be interesting if it's not please post the sizes

Lol no roos but plenty of roe, fallow and red deer running in front of cars oh and plenty crappy drivers about too.
Also I need somewhere to mount my spot lamps.

Yeah righto, fair enough, interesting to hear. With pests like that around the place it's a wonder there isn't more demand for suitable bullbars.

Yeah righto, fair enough, interesting to hear. With pests like that around the place it's a wonder there isn't more demand for suitable bullbars.
hey cts2, can you nip round your local Toyota dealer and pick mike a nice shiny new bull bar up?:icon-wink:

Yeah, seen some totalled cars after hitting deer. I might be wrong but as i understand it bullbars are illegal in the the uk on cars newer than 2007, unless you have a winch.

Yes but I do expect the feet stud pattern will be the industrial standard. Will be interesting if it's not please post the sizes

Will do once i get underneath for a look this weekend. My shiny new front runner roof rack arrived today so im abit distracted.

Have you tried Cabmasters for a bullbar?

I am not affiliated with them in any way.

Have you tried Cabmasters for a bullbar?

I am not affiliated with them in any way.

Never heard of them before but very interesting site, thanks for that. Loads of vdj troopy bits.

Never heard of them before but very interesting site, thanks for that. Loads of vdj troopy bits.

Useless outfit. They don't seem to want to sell anything, suspect it's just a front, order and forward kind of thing.

Picking up on Chapel Gate's comment re the region specific-ness of Toyota accessories, a lot of them are "Genuine Accessories" but are made by a local third party; for example, most aluminium ute trays come from one company who supply all the ute trays.

Although they're not perfectly either TJM or ARB, they're pretty close.... but I think that's because the design can only be done a certain way really.

Back