Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

"Oh Didums".

frank rabbets

Guru
Who remembers the phrase "Oh Didums"? I remember my brother using it against me early in my life and it was used in my play ground until I changed schools in 1959. Then nothing.

Who remembers the phrase "Oh Didums"? I remember my brother using it against me early in my life and it was used in my play ground until I changed schools in 1959. Then nothing.
Yeah, big bruv used to say it to me too

I remember it but how did it originate?

Early primary school it was replaced with "tough shit" i think .

And nowadays that's been replaced with a 422 page legal statement which must be memorized and dictated in explanation of your lack of sympathy for children who feel their human rights have been compromised when they don't get exactly what they want . Of course they may contest it in a court of law and if it is found that it wasn't actually bed time like as not they will be taken into state custody to teach you a lesson :icon-rolleyes:

Only by ignoring possible consequences can parents teach kids about consequences :doh:

I used to have a teacher in primary school that used to say that whenever there was a problem.

That's over 40 years ago and I only remember because her nickname was Miss Didums!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back