Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oh no, think i've done it this time, bent suspension!

JimmyLJ71

Been getting my truck (LJ71) ready for the dreaded MOT, nearly there now, or so i thought :cry:

Decided tho give every thing underneath a nice coat of waxoil underbody seal, got to the front, something isn't right here!, found that somewhere along the line i have bent the front off side trailing arm, B@LL****@@X!!!!!!!!!!!! :!:

Are these repairable?

Or do i need a new one, if so where do i get one?

Are they easy to change?

What worries me is i have been driving it and didn't notice :oops:

Dare I suggest for now, a small bottle jack above and apply some downward force? I have had to resort to that in the past. Very gentle and straightened it a treat.

Don't know if that would work on a 70 but it did on the rear arm of my 95.

Chris

It seems to have been pushed back, bent inwards and twisted slightly, so i don't think a bottle jack will do.

Are they easy to replace, or do i have to take half the suspension apart?

Are they the same as the LJ70?

Jim

ive got a spare pair removed from an LJ78.

if your going lincomb i could bring it along. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Many thanks, but i don't ave tax or MOT, i have emailed Karl, had another look, it may bend back, got nothing to loose, we have heavy machines at work that would bend it no problem,a little shove or push by the JCB or Forklift may fix it.

Little worried about taking it off though, will springs and shocks ping everywhere, or the truck fall on my head?

Never taken one off before.

it'll be ok to take off the radius arm .... just support the axle as well as the vehicle ...

Many thanks

The only problem i have is my drive is on a slope, i was thinking of trailer strapping the front axle to the rear as well as supporting it.

If the truck is in park, all the wheels chocked, axle stand under chassis, trolly jack under axle, i recon it will be ok.

JimmyLJ71 said:
Many thanks

The only problem i have is my drive is on a slope, i was thinking of trailer strapping the front axle to the rear as well as supporting it.

If the truck is in park, all the wheels chocked, axle stand under chassis, trolly jack under axle, i recon it will be ok.

yeah that should be fine ....

do you have the RM183e Workshop manual as it all in there

If not pm me

Back