Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OK dumb question or not # 2 Black smoke

Look for a shop that can do a stainless exhaust Zooey it costs nothing to get a price and if i convert (replacing $ with £) what your paying for a standard exhaust into British money its double what i paid for a 3" bore custom made performance stainless steel one with a lifetime guarantee .

OK OK. This is much appreciated info. I am bookmarking your advice in my brain. And already searching for custom shops here...need to do this; I do. Thank you. And the cost of importing OEM from Japan is crazy.

I live in seashore island land. Salt is in the air and exhausts here fail regularly. I use a back-and-forth sprinkler underneath to rinse but that will only hold it so long. Got some of the muffler paste goop.

Stainless steel, for my pretty. My Cruiser likes the shiny understated jewels. Have to keep it stock to retain my Collector insurance. But nothing wrong with bling that lasts.

Hard driving works to clean diesels out. Like Shayne says nothing extreme, but I imagine the way you love your truck, you're going to be wincing taking the revs over your usual change revs. :lol:

My non-turbo 80 drove like a slug whe I first bought it, now it's a slug on steroids!

I bought a genuine Toyota steel replacement system when mine fell apart at 212k km.

The original system lasted 11 years and the replacement 7 years (another 100k km) and it cost me just over 1000 Euros.

Once bitten... and all that, so I went for a custom stainless, it cost just over 1000 Euros, but it's grrrrrrrreat!

I would say, Zooey, just be careful they make a good job fitting it, meaning have them make and fit it. Some unscrupulous places don't care less, they weld with mild steel (not stainless) use mild steel fittings and clamps and basically do a bad job.

It's worth looking at the parts they use and asking to see some of their work, other cars in their yard, even talk to other customers there to check they're happy with their product.

It's a lot of money, and they should be pleased to show off how good they are.

A stainless system will cost, but it's worth it.

BTW, most mild steel zorsts rust from the inside where all the toxic gasses, acids, and water produced from the engine join hands to rot the system. What you see on the outside is only half the story, so painting will do very little to increase the life.

(Stainless sounds better too :whistle:)

Back