Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Old cruiser worth the trouble?

Should I bother getting this old cruiser up and running?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShawnColorado

Country Flag
united_states
I just got an old cruiser given to me. I think it's an 1984 4 door wagon but I'm not sure.

The title is lost, the keys are lost (doors are locked), tail lights are broken, tires look good but I don't know if it runs or not. I'm told it was running when it was parked.

I can throw up some photos if they would help.

Is it worth even bothering with or should I just haul it off to a junk yard? I'm a newbie so please explain any advice in detail along with the whys.

Many thanks

Last edited:
Hi Shawn and welcome to the forum.
Some pictures would be a great help.
It is always a shame to see a classic cruiser go to the junk yard.
I guess the first step is to find out why it was parked to assess if there already were major issues.
Good luck and I feel this could become an interesting project.

They are worth a lot in the US so certainly don’t junk it. It’s worth something even as spares and would help to keep another cruiser on the road. Need to know what model though so yes pics would help

I’d suggest that severe rot (chassis/body underside) would make it only good for spares, but if just rusty, and mechanically (engine/gear/transfer box) OK, it should be restored.

Brakes, clutch (if manual) and such-like are consumables, so their condition don’t count...

Good luck and keep posting please...

Pictures would certainly help, from your post it sounds like you may have a 60 series and in good condition they are certainly in demand, depending on your resources I would say it is probably worth saving even if only as a potential future barn find or donor vehicle for another 60 series.

And welcome to the club.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi it sòund like a hj60 to my it well be good for parts let's have pics .

I thought it was a Collie, judging by the OP’s username...:lol:

Back