Old Diesel Engine Combustion "Cleanse": Can You Reduce Engine Blow-by and Exhaust Smoke

Dervis Garip Dec 3, 2018

1. Dervis Garip

Dervis Garip Well-Known Member Supporter I am in cyprus

Garage:
    Map
  2. Shayne

Shayne Well-Known Member Guru

Map
    Made me think if your engine that hasn't been started for 6 years it can only help to add a little lubricant to your fuel , same as adding 2-stroke

3. frank rabbets

frank rabbets Well-Known Member

Map
    The most non funny clown I've ever seen. He can't possibly say how his engine has improved unless he has done a before and after inspection. What is his definition of "blow by"? Past pistons or valves? The best treatment is a good hard run down the m'way. If it does not improve the only answer is a strip down. His treatment may well be depositing crap on the rings, thereby temporarily making better compression.

goodoldboy likes this.
  4. clivehorridge

clivehorridge Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in romania

Garage:
    Map
    Did you watch the previous video Frank, the one where he starts it up after standing for 10 years or so he says?

5. frank rabbets

Map
    Cheers Clive. I'll have a look. I expect you remember one big advantage to the UK when the Mway's opened. No speed limit so you could take your 30mph average daily driver out at 80 mph flat out for 10 miles to try and burn off deposits. It worked on my Mums Morriss Minor which me and a friend borrowed after dark and did this. The exhaust was like a Roman Candle. We were in hysterics of laughter.

goodoldboy and clivehorridge like this.
  6. clivehorridge

clivehorridge Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in romania

Garage:
    Map
    Yep, been there...

At the time of the opening of the M5, I had just transplanted a Ford 1600E engine into my 1961 Ford Cortina Mk I estate, so I tried it out with a steady 90 mph from the Kiddy interchange A456 down to the Droitwich interchange and back, but I think the 70 mph limit was in place then. :eusa-shhh::shifty:

Good old days.... :lol:

7. goodoldboy

goodoldboy Well-Known Member

Map
    I'm a big fan of the Italian tune up.I borrowed a 90s transit of some friends recently - genteel folks , not tear arses like me & the first good run out , going onto the motorway saw a fairly decent cloud of smoke from it.I'm wary of any magic cure for an engine's problems.

Chas likes this.
  8. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member I am in england

Garage:
    Map
    The old Moggies A series engine could take a bashing. :auto-layrubber:

9. frank rabbets

Map
    That's right Chas but not the 803 cc I was cursed with. Big ends went every 5000 miles.

10. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member I am in england

Garage:
    Map
    Well frank I'm very tempted to buy this one, it's got a 3.9 Disco V8 engine, jaguar rear axle with LSD and inboard discs and calipers, Gaz coil springs over shocks, front end is Vauxhall Chevette with heavy duty coil springs, all professionally built, but it would probably mean giving up the Cruiser and I'm not sure if I could do that.

One other thing is it's £10000 and in Aberdeen.

Boris 2.jpg

Boris 1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 11:07 PM
    goodoldboy likes this.
  11. TALAMAN

TALAMAN Well-Known Member I am in cyprus

Map

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter