Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Old musicians / performers

clivehorridge

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania
OK, this thread has been triggered by Chas' "Another lost legend" thread, marking the loss of David Bowie.

I'm in a "Coldplay - live" phase at the moment (I know, I know but indulge me a bit) and they often have guest artists play with them live (Alecia Keys, Rihanna and Richard Ashcroft to name a few).

Whilst browsing for others, I found this. Anyone remember John Farnham?

The "Australian National Anthem" (not my words and certainly no disrespect meant)

Great voice on this guy at the age of 67 and BTW, he was born in Dagenham UK :lol:

Sorry Clive, not a name I recognise, was he a performer in the UK before he went to Oz?

Sorry Clive, not a name I recognise, was he a performer in the UK before he went to Oz?

No Chas, apparently he was about 10 when his folks emigrated, but I remember this song on UK radio, or maybe one of the Pirates, Radio Luxembourg or Radio Caroline in those days, 'cos "pop" was hard to find on the BBC then IIRC.

Thumbs up to JM, he's on it, You're The Voice..... yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh :lol:

I thought Kevin Wilson was the only pop star Oz produced :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Loved that. (John Farnham that is) In fact that's one of my all time favourite songs. He's still got it, even off he's put on a pound or two.

The words are as relevant if not more so today.

And it wasn't just in the days of Caroline either. That was on mainstream radio in the 80s. I might even have it on vinyl!! [emoji3]

And Kevin Bl@@dy Wilson! [emoji23]

Last edited:
Loved that. (John Farnham that is) In fact that's one of my all time favourite songs. He's still got it, even off he's put on a pound or two.

The words are as relevant if not more so today.

And it wasn't just in the days of Caroline either. That was on mainstream radio in the 80s. I might even have it on vinyl!! [emoji3]

And Kevin Bl@@dy Wilson! [emoji23]

Yep, or three maybe, but at least he's lost that mullet in his maturer years :lol:

Agree with your comment on the lyrics :thumbup:

(I seem to have lost the new thumbs-up icon :confusion-scratchh:)

Last edited:
Ha i know that song ?

Digging deep i think it was on a rock anthems cassette i had ?

Last edited:
Have to agree with Chas there for their explanation as I (and I expect Shayne may well back me up on this) have never seen a fish with a neck. [emoji15]

Back