Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Old musicians / performers

Not so old at 53, George Michael died this Christmas night 2016.

RIP

And no, he was not one of the Krankies.

Well I had to look that up. Not saying I didn't believe you but I was somewhat surprised. Yep. He's deed alreet. And Mr Parfitt too, let's not forget him.

…and Greg Lake a couple of weeks ago. Rounding off a year in which many musicians have died.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I was never much interested in George Michael but its sad to see anyone go that young . Can't deny he had one or two good songs 30 odd years ago .

Rick Parfitt was in a different league i reckon , fan or not i have never heard anyone say they don't like Status Quo . Toddlers , granny's , Punks , Mods , Rockers , you name it Quo could get them bopping .

And i guess they always will because no X factor teen is gonna reproduce their sound . I expect "careless whisper" will be back in the charts sung by Jimmy from Liverpool or some such within 2 years .

Maybe that's the difference between a pop star and and legend .

I didnt hear of Rick Parfitt and Greg Lake going...

Yes, it's been a bit of a year of it... or is it just us getting older... ?

I didnt hear of Rick Parfitt and Greg Lake going...

Yes, it's been a bit of a year of it... or is it just us getting older... ?
As long as we're getting older I'm ok with that. I don't really want to get older but I like the alternative much less…

Right quiz time . . . Pianist Russ Conway what did he have in common with Acker Bilk, Django Reinhardt, Daryl Hanna, Jesse James, Boris Yeltsin, Telly Savalas, Matthew Perry, Buster Keaton, Johnny Depp, Harold Lloyd, Lee Van Cleef and Galileo?.

And continuing the summer theme…
Nearest version to the original I could find.
Saw them live at the Brighton Centre. One of the best gigs I've ever been to. The sound felt like you were swimming in pure velvet. And Charlene was on top of her game…and rather flirty I might add. :)

Right quiz time . . . Pianist Russ Conway what did he have in common with Acker Bilk, Django Reinhardt, Daryl Hanna, Jesse James, Boris Yeltsin, Telly Savalas, Matthew Perry, Buster Keaton, Johnny Depp, Harold Lloyd, Lee Van Cleef and Galileo?.
Did he have a gammy hand Chas?

I was going to say that as Django Reinhardt had a damaged hand due to a fire in his caravan. Didn't stop him playing amazingly though. I didn't know the others had bits missing.

And continuing the summer theme…
Nearest version to the original I could find.
Saw them live at the Brighton Centre. One of the best gigs I've ever been to. The sound felt like you were swimming in pure velvet. And Charlene was on top of her game…and rather flirty I might add. :)

She was always a bit naughty, but nice :icon-biggrin:.

I've got about 4 Texas albums on the truck's stick, they get quite a regular airing. :thumbup:

She was always a bit naughty, but nice :icon-biggrin:.

I've got about 4 Texas albums on the truck's stick, they get quite a regular airing. :thumbup:
Yes, probably got them too but just need to get them on something I can play. I'm still on CDs im afraid not got onto USB sticks yet.

Bloody hell
Chris Cornell is dead

Now most of you probably won't have heard of him but that doesn't change the fact that he's deed at 52 and a great loss
Fantastic rock singer either solo or with Audioslave and Soundgarden

Last edited:
Back