Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Old musicians / performers

Take a look at the synth setup on this from 1977. Well known track and limited to 3 minutes as a single. I always thought there must have been more to it.

Mmmmm, you always get me browsing after reading your posts Rich, after several Knopflers, I ended up with Dave Gilmore.

All true excellence...!

Take a look at the synth setup on this from 1977. Well known track and limited to 3 minutes as a single. I always thought there must have been more to it.

Oh BTW, someone said that Moog synth fell over into the snow at that practice session at Montreal Olympic stadium. It was out with the hair dryers before the concert started.

Funny, I was going through a few Knopfler ones the other day, prompted by this one with a rather clever video.

Of all performers, I ended up seeing Rod Stewart in concert in Bucharest this evening. And it wasn't a bad show TBH, there’s no way I’d have gone voluntarily, but my better half wanted to see him.

73 and still grinding them out, he’s quite impressive for his age, and it was a good show. It was a freebie from the city, there’s been one a month this year, which marks the 100th anniversary of Romania’s independence.

Held in the piata outside what is now the parliament building ... Must have been 10 - 15 k people in the audience...

4B8E774E-2370-49C3-BCCB-EEC7C643D279.jpeg
88F2EC08-8C0F-4346-A82A-B82B5582A1E1.jpeg
DB296AC7-52BD-4921-9089-0512477BD8D7.jpeg
9B24BC0A-91C8-42D3-9FD8-B4C509DE1A63.jpeg
CE41674F-3EC8-446C-A7FC-B97534709A54.jpeg
FE71E9FE-4246-47E6-961E-7B3BDF6B6974.jpeg
8AFD419D-9569-4809-9A80-0A88F8DC53E4.jpeg

Looks like a good evening Clive. Better weather than we’ve had here while we’ve been on holiday. Still, it’ll be nice now we’re back home and off to work again. :icon-rolleyes:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks like a good evening Clive. Better weather than we’ve had here while we’ve been on holiday. Still, it’ll be nice now we’re back home and off to work again. :icon-rolleyes:

It was too Rich, and the beer at the beer tent was just over a quid a pint... there’s a result in itself :lol: :beer:

It was £4.50 at the pub we stopped at last night. Their roast beef was £17.50!!!

Talk about crying in yer beer!!

The last sit down vindaloo curry I had in a UK Indian restaurant cost me £35 including 2 tiger beers ... London prices though, just off Oxford Street... Nearly choked on it :lol:

Heck is it really over 3 years since the last post here!

No matter. From one of the best bands I ever saw live… twice. This deserves a mention…

R.I.P a talent the establishment simply refused to recognize

"3. Bat out of Hell, Meat Loaf, 43 million copies. The third-best selling album in the world was almost never made because Meat and songwriter Jim Steinman couldn't find a record company to sign them. Their manager later joked that people were forming record companies just so they could reject the Meat Loaf project. Clive Davis was particularly mean to the duo, asking if they had ever even heard pop music before. Todd Rundgren finally got behind the album, but even so, the album wasn't an immediate smash hit. It has only been through steady sales over time that Bat out of Hell has reached the #3 spot."

Last edited:
I heard that concert in Victoria Road :whistle:

Just found this , its nice to see they cleaned the place up before letting camera's in . As Governers go the narrator Hawksey was a good man firm but fair and able to laugh at himself when you caught him out and took the piss . Happy memories :lol:

Last edited:
Blimey Rich, Sharleen Spiteri is young in that video, she’s one of the few to get better looking as she got older. She’s 54 now and although everyone looks young to me at 68, she’s still in good shape.

29776DE7-A54C-41A5-9042-992D9E021503.jpeg

Back