Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Olympics

TonyP

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
We managed to get tickets to the Olympics Kayak event that took place today, and even though I was a bit of a sceptic about it all, it really did turn out to be a great day out. Kids loved it, easy to get there (ok we were not at the main sight), everyone was really friendly and helpful, and the military folk were especially excellent.

Pity it was just heats today, so no medals ceremony, but all in all a good day.

The venue
Olympics-Pano-M.jpg

Current Olympic champs (Slovakian twins)
P1020827-M.jpg

Irish Lass
P1020852-M.jpg

Flags
P1020854-M.jpg

[youtube:2f3pct82]zim5hNHmVI4[/youtube:2f3pct82]

Only down side, was the cost of the food. Fish and chips was £8.50 and a coke was £2.30, bottle of water was £1.60 (I think).

That's what I thought, engineers think alike...

Gold & silver in the twos-up tonight - must be good water :cool:

Gold & silver in the twos-up tonight - must be good water :cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
B*gg*r, taped four hours of Olympics coverage today to see some archery, and what do I get, NO bl**dy archery. :angry-screaming:

Difficult to see your chosen sport on tv cos the BBC constantly jumps from one thing to the next.
And seeing the old codgers like Steve Redgrave and that botoxed up piece of leather Sharron Davies droning on for hours after an event has finished is painful - and wasting the opportunity to see the other live events. BBC is about 20% live events and 80% "expert" analysis after the fact.

[/Rant] :p

Archery was in the Radio Times for 9am and 1.45pm yesterday and this morning for 9am I'm taking the Cruiser to have a Flaslube system installed so I'm recording again, so let's see if the BBC are lying again :think:

Andrew Prince said:
Difficult to see your chosen sport on tv cos the BBC constantly jumps from one thing to the next.
And seeing the old codgers like Steve Redgrave and that botoxed up piece of leather Sharron Davies droning on for hours after an event has finished is painful - and wasting the opportunity to see the other live events. BBC is about 20% live events and 80% "expert" analysis after the fact.

[/Rant] :p

Do you actually watch it live(i.e. on BBC1/2)? I use the i-player option in the V+ box to switch between events that are being shown on the 24 chanels, so don't spend much time listining to "experts" drone on. (Well that is when I can get the remote our of the kids/wifs hands)

The BBC online coverage is very good - if only their tv coverage was half as good...

If you have freesat the BBC show every sport live on one of the 24 channels between 151 and 173, some of them in HD. Channel 150 is the red button index for the whole lot.

The same is available on the sky platform, I think from 451 - 473.

Cheers

Richard

Richard - welcome back - where've you been???

Channel 551 on Virgin Tevo

Back