Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

On this day in history

I think you need to get in your Cruiser and go for a Drive JJ!. Go and give 'yer' head a good 'Sheck':lol:

I think you need to get in your Cruiser and go for a Drive JJ!. Go and give 'yer' head a good 'Sheck':lol:
Thanks for that, you have now become my counsellor, any more 'tips' on what to do when your bored on a wet windy Sunday, after you've been out for a drive in your Cruiser and had a good old had head ''Shecking'

On this day in History, JibberJabber had a good Head Shecking whilst driving his Land Cruiser.

I hope at least one other member of LCC has a silly sense of humour, like wot I've got. :text-thankyouyello:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I've become a serial poster, I just can't help it, I think I need counselling :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:
I think all your 'On this day' posts would have more impact all together in one post. :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
On this day in 2005. George Best died.

On this day in in history
1996 - Freddie Mercury
A statue in Montreux, Switzerland by sculptor Irena Sedlecka was erected as a tribute to Freddie Mercury. Standing almost 10 feet (3 metres) high overlooking Lake Geneva it was unveiled by Freddie's father and Montserrat Caballé, with bandmates Brian May and Roger Taylor also in attendance.

2009 - Freddie Mercury
Brian May joined Freddie Mercury's 87-year-old mother Jer Bulsara in Feltham town centre, at a ceremony to unveil a plaque to the late singers memory. They were joined by over 2,000 fans from as far as Japan and Australia who descended on the Centre, in Feltham High Street in England. The plague reads: “Freddie Mercury - musician, singer and songwriter” along with the dates he lived in Feltham, between 1964 and 1968

Born Today November 25th
1940 - Percy Sledge
Percy Sledge, soul singer, (1966 UK No.4 and US No.1 single 'When A Man Loves A Woman'). He died on April 14th 2015.

1944 World War II: A German V-2 rocket hits a Woolworth's store in Deptford, United Kingdom, killing 160 shoppers.

Last edited by a moderator:
1968 - UK -- Race Relations Act
1968 : A new wide ranging race relations act comes into force, making it illegal to refuse housing, employment or public services to people because of their ethnic background.

On this day in 1983 An armed gang steals gold bullion worth more than £25m from the Brinks Mat warehouse, near London's Heathrow Airport.

1992 - UK -- Queen Pays Tax
1992 : Major reforms in how royalty is funded in the United Kingdom are announced including
1. The Queen of England will now pay income tax
2. The number of Royals who receive taxpayers money has been reduced to the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen Mother.
Much of this is because of the public concern about the rising cost of the monarchy and some of the stories in tabloid press about minor royals living off the British tax payer.

pirate.svg
Pirate Attack

1717 Blackbeard attacks a French merchant vessel called "La Concorde", which he would capture and rename as the "Queen Anne's Revenge"

1893 Women vote in a national election for the first time, in the New Zealand general election

1963 The Beatles "She Loves You" unusually, returns to #1 in UK record chart and reaches 1 million copies sold

Back