Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

One of the advantages of having an older car...

chadr

Garage
Country Flag
england
....as progress may not always for the better.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47023003

"ADAC tested 237 keyless cars and found that all but three were susceptible, including the latest models of the Discovery and Range Rover, and the 2018 Jaguar i-Pace - all made by Jaguar Land Rover."

As far as I care, I do not want a newer car than the ones I have, I cant believe how much the VED is on modern comparable cars.

I would love to buy a new car but because i trust mechanics that i understand and don't trust magic digital demons buying one is not an option , unless its brand new and i never own it or the next or the next and i have no interest in renting what is for most the second biggest drain on our disposable income after our home .

As far as I care, I do not want a newer car than the ones I have, I cant believe how much the VED is on modern comparable cars.
This. ^

ems rav 4 is keyless. I hate it.
the car also bleeps and beeps at me a lot.
it tells me its icy when its not.
it locks the doors when I don't want it to.
I get flashed at when I accidently put the headlights on auto.
because the instrument cluster is lit up I think the headlights are on when they are not.
it tells me very loudly to put my seat belt on when I don't want to.

next it'll be telling me not to eat that bacon butty and couple of oatcakes as they are bad for me..

for all of this cheek it doesn't get all that many more mpg's than the 80. nor even have a bloody spare tyre..
get your priorities right FFS, CAR!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I own 3 cars, a 1994 3 door Rav4 2.0 auto (shopping trolley), a 1995 BMW 740i (bemtroubleyou) and my trusty 1996 4.2 80 series (Thirsty), each of them cost around £250 a year for VED, no keyless, only the Rav complains if you don't put your seat belt on, and that's just a red light in the cluster, the BM likes to advise me that it's cold outside anytime the temperature drops to +3 deg Celsius.

The VED is a sore point with me because Swambo quite fancies adding a cabriolet to the fleet and is quite taken with BMW's so I was looking at E46 models because pre 2008 higher ved rates, if I remember correctly, how ever a 2003 318i is in the region of £380 per annum, that's 380 for a 1.8, madness I tell you.

Back