Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

One very HAPPY Front Runner Roof Rack Owner

garygiles1963

Hi

Just fitted Front Runner roof rack onto my 120. Really happy with it, makes adding all the extra bits so much easier. Added side and rear lights, which would have been a right faff otherwise.

Before,,,,

IMG_1906.JPG

After,,,,

IMG_20180801_130426449_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180801_130516465_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180801_130525602_HDR v2.jpg

IMG_20180801_130539499_HDR v2.jpg

With Foxwing

IMG_20180801_154334657_HDR v2.jpg

IMG_20180801_154403074_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180801_154414976_HDR.jpg

Roof Box, MaxTraxs, Pipe for FoxWing poles and side lights.

IMG_20180821_182553084_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180822_120239382_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180822_120248947_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180822_120328557_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180822_120337034_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180822_120353434_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180822_120443458_HDR.jpg

Each pair of side lights are wired as a pair, each pair has its own wireless remote control, for on/off and brightness. I'm so happy with the look. Everything just looks in place.

I got the local garage to fit a front light bar

IMG_20180822_173732645_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180819_163923445_HDR.jpg

Have to say a big thanks to the gentelman at the garage, for his suggestion for the mounting poisition. Really happy with it, I didn't think of it.

Looks great, nice bit of kit
I like the pipe idea for the foxwing poles, might copy that idea for stowing mine in my hilux canopy, our pole bag is torn to bits!

Looks great. In the near future ill be looking for a new rack. I just darent post a "what roof rack thread"...

Looks really good. Nicely set up with some good kit aboard too.

Hi

The slot system for the nuts and bolts, is just brilliant. Really makes placement and bolting down the different bits so easy.

G.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great bits of kit and I love mine but the finish isn’t quite as good as it should be imho.

They are great modular racks.
I sell them and ive a few accessories to sell that i got for my demo rack, which is now sold.
I have the hi lift jack holder, ski holders, bike holder, monsoon bag and a few other bits if anyone interested?
And the feet for a rack to fit to 100 series as they didnt go with the rack..

I have a true story to tell, which happened today. I decided to take wifey shopping at my local lidl which has an underground carpark. I managed to get in, but smashed my crappy roof rack to smithereens on the way out damaging a 5ft flouresant light fitting in the process. Now wifey said " What you going to do ?you will need a new roof rack. My reply was " Yes I know Luv I have seen one that I like ;)

Slightly off-topic but what are the white plastic hooks shown on the inside of the rear door in the 'after' photo please? - they look very useful! TIA
CF

Yeah Front Runner Racks are well worth it. Nice looking set-up. Interestingly i've been looking at the idea of the pipe to store the foxing poles but couldn't find anything with a sealable end. What was your solution? Is it an off the shelf item or custom fabs?

BTW - its always worth carrying a spare bracket(!). Depending on how much load you have up there and the roads your driving on they can break which makes for some nerve racking driving....

Yeah Front Runner Racks are well worth it. Nice looking set-up. Interestingly i've been looking at the idea of the pipe to store the foxing poles but couldn't find anything with a sealable end. What was your solution? Is it an off the shelf item or custom fabs?

BTW - its always worth carrying a spare bracket(!). Depending on how much load you have up there and the roads your driving on they can break which makes for some nerve racking driving....

Hi

You referring to the pipe bracket? or something else?

G.

Hi

You referring to the pipe bracket? or something else?

G.

Yeah sorry, re-reading that it is confusing.

In terms of the pipe - I'm interested in where you got the pipe that stores the Foxwing poles. I've been looking for something similar but can't find anything with a sealable end cap???

In terms of the bracket - I was referring to the Front Runner roof rack bracket that secures the rack to the truck. We've had 2 go, both on corrugated roads both miles from anywhere. I ended up doing a bush repair using ratchet straps. That said it looks like you have a different set-up anyway with a single bracket so its irrelevant. Ignore me.

In terms of the pipe - I'm interested in where you got the pipe that stores the Foxwing poles. I've been looking for something similar but can't find anything with a sealable end cap???

In terms of the bracket - I was referring to the Front Runner roof rack bracket that secures the rack to the truck. We've had 2 go, both on corrugated roads both miles from anywhere. I ended up doing a bush repair using ratchet straps. That said it looks like you have a different set-up anyway with a single bracket so its irrelevant. Ignore me.

Hope your right concerning the bracket :worried:

The pipe is just a house down water drain pipe. The local store had all the bits needed to blank off one end and a sealed screw cap for the other. One mod I have done is drill a row of drain hole along the bottom of the pipe, to help drain off any water.

G.

Plumbers use something similar to store there copper pipes on the roof rack.

I've had my rack for around 80 000km off road no sign of breakage or stress in it at all, but then its not heavily loaded usually <50kg. On the 95 Front runner use 2 different size brackets due to the slight curve on the roof

4” soil pipe with screwed access plug and blank plug the other end. Also available in black. :) There’s probably no need to drill holes unless putting anthing away wet as it will be fully watertight being plumbing pipe.

Another one could be used as a solar water heater.

Back