Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Optima or Yuasa?

lc27

Country Flag
uk
Hi guys
The time has come to replace the batteries
I got a couple of yuasa actually they last 8 years, so no bad ah!
Looking at the options the yuasa website suggest two models
YBX3334 700 amp £162
YBX5334 800 amp £182

On the other hand I can’t figure out which optima model would fit the LC and quality of that battery

Looking at bills, I paid £98 for the yuasa 600 amps 8 years ago

Any idea of which optima model would fit and if it worth the change in brand considering how good the yuasa was?
Regards
M

Hi guys
The time has come to replace the batteries
I got a couple of yuasa actually they last 8 years, so no bad ah!
Looking at the options the yuasa website suggest two models
YBX3334 700 amp £162
YBX5334 800 amp £182

On the other hand I can’t figure out which optima model would fit the LC and quality of that battery

Looking at bills, I paid £98 for the yuasa 600 amps 8 years ago

Any idea of which optima model would fit and if it worth the change in brand considering how good the yuasa was?
Regards
M
I've 2 yuasa 640shd!! I find them really good!!
(1000 A - 115Ah)

Personally, of the makes you mention, I’d go Yuasa. They’ve been OEM fit on Jap bikes for donkeys years. Nuff said.

Stick with the yuasa I used to work for a battery company here in oz that at the time joined with yuasa and the quality is the best in the world from what I've experienced and heard

MC

I rate (as do a couple of others on here) the Varta G7 and G8 batteries (left hand and right hand versions of same battery). Very well priced (easy to get sub £100).

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I rate (as do a couple of others on here) the Varta G7 and G8 batteries (left hand and right hand versions of same battery). Very well priced (easy to get sub £100).

I'm with AM on the Varta's. I have them on Cruisers and crucially on the trucks we operate. The Black Collie had Yuasa's on when I got it and when I sold it and they were faultless. The 120 has a new pair of Yuasa's on it so I guess I'll not be replacing them any time soon.

Yuasa are known in the electrical industry as pretty well the best, usually for gel batteries. I have Bosh batteries on mine which are identical to the Varta ones as I’m told Bosch now own Varta. There’s posts on here that say Optimas aren’t what they used to be.

Based on Japanese cars usual OE batteries lasting over 10 years in some cases, if these are supplied by Yuasa and are one and the same then to answer your question Yuasa gets my vote.

Can’t grumble at Bosch or Varta as I’ve got them on all our vehicles. The Cursed Smart car gets very little use and it’s small Varta was discharging over time but has come back again and again with a CTek charger.

Back