Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ordering New Landcruiser

Nick Gammill

Country Flag
united_states
Hi everyone this is Nick a new member from USA
I'm trying to order a new land cruiser pick up 70 series with auto transmission
To be delivered to Nicaragua. The dealers in Nicaragua tell me that it is unavalable but they sell the 70 series with manual transmission
Can I order one from Japan . They also made them in El Salvador in 2015
How do I do this? . I will not accept any other truck.
Please help
thanks

My thinking is , and it may just be a leap of faith , that the dealers shown are those with direct links to Japan and so might be better able to source vehicles of specific spec . Most dealers , and there are a lot more than are shown on that map , simply sell the stock they are supplied with .

Costs nothing to email a few .

I used to work with a gentleman who did not want to wait as long as the UK dealer expected him to for his new Lane Roamer Dyslexic so he called on a main stealer in Belgium and ordered a new car in RHD, Belgium being a LHD country, with the options he wanted and arranged for it to be delivered to a UK stealer for collection and paid the Belgian company, wait time was a third to half as long and the vehicle cost him less than buying it in the UK.

Perhaps you may be able to make a similar arrangement with a Toyota dealer?

Is auto an available option in the 70? Toyota Australia only list manual as an option

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Don't think they are available as an auto, there are a few videos and posts of them being converted to auto,
I am not able to find any info about them being offered in auto form as standard, however that is not to say its not possible for the Japanese domestic market but I doubt it, only in america is a utility vehicle available with auto as an option imo.

The heavy duty 70's have never been offered with an auto transmission sadly. The only 70's that ever got an auto option were the very first Prado's (LJ78 & KZJ78). :ugeek:

I'm guessing you're fully aware of the fact you wont be able to import it into the US for another 25 years (if buying a new one). :thumbdown:

Also the 70 has only been available in Japan again, for the last few years and as far as I know only with the petrol engine and in limited body configurations. :think:

Back