Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Overland show 2017

So am I trev. As long as I get a job finished by Thursday eve.

Looking forward to it

I'll take 4 stakes and 1000 meters of blue polypropylene rope then

We hope to get there Friday also good plan chris with the stakes and rope :)

Hello again me and me son will be there friday dinner time ish and would like to give a hand have a few road pins if you need them and some garage logs that dont work in me woodburner if you are going to have a fire going again this year

Thanks for reminding me! just booked my ticket. Will be there sometime Friday evening.

Hope you're bringing some chickens Nick. I'll be bringing some deer.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hope you're bringing some chickens Nick. I'll be bringing some deer.
Still have a whole bottle of sauce, Im sure i'll find some wings somewhere. Had a go at fajitas on the bbq in romania using the cast iron griddle. They were bloody good.
20170722_171302.jpg
Oh and look what I found. (Meat was eaten ages ago)

Only thing that will stop us is if its pissing it down..

Had a go at fajitas on the bbq in romania using the cast iron griddle. They were bloody good.
I can vouch for that, they were bloody good!
And I may add, they make excellent camping barbecue fodder! No knives and forks to wash up…bonus :)
That reminds me, where did you get that griddle plate…and BBQ?

Boab seem to have been out of stock on the BBQ's for a few weeks now

Bbq is from boab. And the griddle was off amazon as part of a set but it's only a lump of metal so just have a look.

Didn't realise it was from just up the road from me
https://www.ronniesunshines.com/bushcraft-camping/cooking
Thanks Nick. The griddle seems to be available in various forms from several sources. There's some good looking stuff on that link but I always thought a 'Dutch Oven' involved a duvet! :shock:

Boab seem to have been out of stock on the BBQ's for a few weeks now

They have now disappeared of their site all together :(

Edit: I emailed them to ask.

"Our, now past, manufacturer has now sold his business and retired (lucky for him) so until we find a new manufacturer we can’t comment on availability, sorry about that."

Last edited:
Someone else had a bush pig which is a similar thing I think. I don't know where it's from though
It was the whole system that had me intrigued. With the side table, rotisserie, smoking box etc

The bush pig looks good but it is just the BBQ part?

It was the whole system that had me intrigued. With the side table, rotisserie, smoking box etc

The bush pig looks good but it is just the BBQ part?
I think the only thing I didn't get was the rotisserie but to be honest I've used the pot stand once and the grill. The top/ table is very handy though

I think the only thing I didn't get was the rotisserie but to be honest I've used the pot stand once and the grill. The top/ table is very handy though

I would use the rotisserie quite a bit. It's a great addition to the bush TV

Booked my tickets this morning. We will be there Friday sometime. Looking forward to it. Bit more prepared this time but struggling to find a barbecue. The boab was just the ticket. Got the griddle plate though. And a stainless scraper to cook on it with. Should be ideal for bacon and eggies in the morning. :)

Back