Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ow much..............?????? !

nick_the_fish

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
Right, still haven't sorted the leaky power steering pump (3 years now), but have at least tried to source a replacement. Toyota in Chesterfield quoted me £900 for a new one. Does this sound insane to anyone else, or have I been living in a cave for too long.....

Recondition the old one or at least take it apart to see if that is possible. Is the leak engine oil or pump oil? Toyota might do a seal kit which would most likely be superiorest quality.

Right, still haven't sorted the leaky power steering pump (3 years now), but have at least tried to source a replacement. Toyota in Chesterfield quoted me £900 for a new one. Does this sound insane to anyone else, or have I been living in a cave for too long.....

About £450 with import duty, shipping and VAT.

https://partsouq.com/en/search/all?q=44320-60171

Amayama might be even cheaper.

But as Frank says, see if it comes apart. Every part is listed. My 120 workshop manual tells me how to strip and rebuild my pump. I'd be surprised if the 105 manual doesn't.

Utterly nuts. I know that Freedom 4x4 would change the seals in one for you. Or you could do it yourself. I'd give you a hand if you like. Rob did post a 'how to' and I am assured it's not a difficult thing to service with a kit. I actually think I have a kit somewhere - hmmm somewhere. I do have a spare pump as well.

Right, rebuild it is then. Thanks all for your input. Ive just spoken to trevor at Freedom 4x4 and they're going to sort rebuild it for me next week. Just got to find some time this weekend to whip it off.........

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Reckon on replacing the inlet hose too nick. Also make sure the tiny filter in the unloader is cleaned out. If your leak is to do with overheating ps fluid (smells burned) then this could be the cause.
I'm sure this will all be done by Trevor. Just worth asking.

Took the PSP out today and it was a fairly easy job thanks to @Rob and his excellent post on removing the PSP (I had already seen it thanks StarCruiser but thanks for the link anyway)

I'll get it off to Freedom 4x4 on Monday and hopefully get it back on next weekend.

@StarCruiser when you mentioned changing the inlet hose do you mean the rubber hose that runs from the reservoir to the pump?

@StarCruiser when you mentioned changing the inlet hose do you mean the rubber hose that runs from the reservoir to the pump?
That's the one. I just got a length of suitable hose from a local hydraulics supplier for not a lot of money. MrT would probably want quite a bit more than the £4 or so it cost. It's nothing special just ok for ATF.

Back