Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oz Pig

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
SO. Ive just bought an oz pig.

first thoughts. bit heavy. well made though. Will update when we have used it.
ill need a water boiler for the flue.

Has anyone got or seen any good ad ons for them or know of any cool cooking tips?

20180904_172958.jpg 20180904_173005.jpg

I’ve seen one used. They work really well. Good use for an old gas bottle and some steel conduit. :)

All you need to know Karl is that you can cook a pizza on it, end of!

thought about the gas bottle route mate. my times worth too much too me at the min though.

Yes, theres 2 blokes that do recipes, ones alright, the other is bloody anoying! Basically I think its wok stuff, dutch oven stuff or hot plate stuff unless you splash out on the grill thing but i'd imagine any grill would do.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
After our winter camp with the 2 log burners on the go I was really quite surprised at how much warmth you get from the thing for not much wood.

you inspired me nick. plus keeping an eye out for one poping up on the bay helped me thankyou.

im thinking it will be perfect for our winter camps. going to get my mate to knock up a flue so i can get it out the awning though

you inspired me nick. plus keeping an eye out for one poping up on the bay helped me thankyou.

im thinking it will be perfect for our winter camps. going to get my mate to knock up a flue so i can get it out the awning though
yeah, i splashed out 40 quid for the bent bit and two more sections. Ive dug an old kettle out the loft so that can just sit on it for hot water, may actually get round to doing some washing up. can't be bothered on the colman.

Mate of mine just posted a pic of them camp cooking on Facebook, looked like it was a Dutch oven, turned out it was a lorry brake drum :laughing-rolling:

Last edited:
Pork chops on one side bacon on the other and piggy in the middle , a good balanced diet :icon-wink:

Is it the same as most wood burners with a small flue, that they don't draw properly, most would work so much better with a 100mm flue instead of a 60mm

Is it the same as most wood burners with a small flue, that they don't draw properly, most would work so much better with a 100mm flue instead of a 60mm
Im not sure but i think the flu is a tiny bit smaller but.... if you chuck some wood in, it gets super toasty. I'm biased i have one too. @Trevor the master of feeling cold, give us your opinion please?

I have to say I never saw the point in the pig. That would be until Nick was using his at Lincomb. They are amazing belt out the heat

Yes, Nick's pig was a pleasure to sit around. Toasty hot, versatile and a nice piece of kit. I have to agree with David on flu size though, the pig can sometimes chuck a bit of smoke out of the front door but my wood stove with the same flu size struggles a bit more.

Back