Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Parking sensor cut off switch

tony rodaway

Country Flag
uk
Hello guys
My car 120 has factory fitted parking aid for reverse and is just stuck in buzzing mode when reverse is selected.
I have found the faulty sensor but getting one to replace is another matter.
People selling a set of 4 on ebay for over £50 but waste of money as only need 1.
My question is apparently there is a cut off switch somewhere but cant find it.
I want to install an after market one but until I turn the buzzing off I can't.
Any ideas guys.
P. S my system is pta 400 model or something like that.
I phoned toyota today and they didn't have any parts that fit my 120.

I'm not at all sure what you mean but the reverse bleeper on my mrs truck done my head in so i cut the wires to the speaker to silence it .

I'm not at all sure what you mean but the reverse bleeper on my mrs truck done my head in so i cut the wires to the speaker to silence it .

The minute you put it in reverse it constantly bleeps as if someone or something is right behind the bleeping is so annoying. Is the speaker we're the jack is kept as I haven't looked yet as been to wet outside.

Buy the set of 4 sensors for £50 then sell the remaining 3 for £17 each.

No seems a waste of money and hassle to resell the other parts. Want to fit an aftermarket one as it works out cheaper and a lot less hassle. Just need to find original speaker and control unit and disconnect the factory fitted system.

If Toyota say no parts then are you sure its not an aftermarket system anyway , if it is then the speaker and circuit board junk is likely in with the jack , assuming the 120 has a side locker for the jack like the 90 series ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If Toyota say no parts then are you sure its not an aftermarket system anyway , if it is then the speaker and circuit board junk is likely in with the jack , assuming the 120 has a side locker for the jack like the 90 series ?

I assume it's factory fitted as I have the book that came with it hense the tpa 400 model book.
The plugs that go to the sensor is nothing like I have seen on any aftermarket system hence why I suspect its a factory system.

Hello guys
My car 120 has factory fitted parking aid for reverse and is just stuck in buzzing mode when reverse is selected.
I have found the faulty sensor but getting one to replace is another matter.
People selling a set of 4 on ebay for over £50 but waste of money as only need 1.
My question is apparently there is a cut off switch somewhere but cant find it.
I want to install an after market one but until I turn the buzzing off I can't.
Any ideas guys.
P. S my system is pta 400 model or something like that.
I phoned toyota today and they didn't have any parts that fit my 120.

Tony,
When i moved up to an LC5 i had fun trying to locate what this little push button was under the steering column, its quite small with no light on it. Problem is it only disables/enables it until the next engine start!
Simon

Back