Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Parking sensors

Heaumey

Country Flag
uk
Hi guys
Do any of you know of a way to isolate the front parking sensors.... permanently. I have a broken sensor and would rather not replace it as they drive me mad anyway. At the moment when you turn the ignition on the warning alarm sounds for about 5 seconds. Pushing the switch by the drivers side of the steering column does turn it off but only until you switch the ignition off.

Heaumey i have an 01 reg Amazon so actually have no bloody idea but if there are sensors there have got to be connections best i can suggest is take a look under the bumper where the sensors are and look for corresponding wires and connections then disconnect check to see or as there is a power supply then by rights there should be a fuse if someone has the same spec as yours they might be along later and able to give you more specific info

Hi Steve, I’ve got the bumper removed so all sensors unplugged. Traced the loom back to the bulkhead and unplugged there, still the same. Regarding the fuses, it all seems linked in with the rear sensors and camera. I was just hoping someone would say you just unplug this and that to isolate them. There only £21 each but I just hate them.

Heaumey had Jap import Surf and i did not like the reversing buzzer ma naged to locate it so put some blutac and tape over it did not stop the buzzer but made it a lot quieter without taking everything apart i could just about get me fingers close to the buzzer

Back