Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Partner stove

I'm quite tempted by the four burner one atm - especially if it can become two independent stoves. Of course the downside is it has no wind guards.

I am all set by way of cooking on the move, was mostly wondering if @cmcmill01 want one? Iirc, he's just up the road from me.

Just had a look, and it looks unlikely I am going to be able to source it within 48 hrs, 24of which are over weekend...

@cmcmill01 if you can wait till mid March, this could happen.

tbh I can't see the point it just a gas stove at a very over inflated price, I have a 2 burner Cadac cost 100 quid it has done 60 nights so far. I used a petrol Coleman for years before I got fed up with fiddling with it

I am all set by way of cooking on the move, was mostly wondering if @cmcmill01 want one? Iirc, he's just up the road from me.

Just had a look, and it looks unlikely I am going to be able to source it within 48 hrs, 24of which are over weekend...

@cmcmill01 if you can wait till mid March, this could happen.
That would be great, March is fine with me thanks

tbh I can't see the point it just a gas stove at a very over inflated price, I have a 2 burner Cadac cost 100 quid it has done 60 nights so far. I used a petrol Coleman for years before I got fed up with fiddling with it

Agree gas is much easier then the colemans

Partner stoves are very well built and are considerably better than any offering we get in the U.K. Most camping stoves are too small to accommodate full size pans and the burners are low output. I got rid of my Coleman for these reasons.

I looked at Partner but wanted more power. I imported a Campchef Mountaineer stove specifically because I wanted proper high output and the large size. Being aluminium it is lighter than the Partner stoves but also prone to scratching and denting. It has two 20,000 btu burners. It has made a big difference to camp cooking - takes proper pans, can bring a big pan of water to the boil fast and can properly fry.

https://www.campchef.com/camp-chef-mountaineer-2-burner-aluminum-stove.html

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The Colemans require a little love to keep them running well. There's a few tips and tricks, but once mastered, they burn well each and every time. I have two I like them so much. But there's no arguing that gas is turn, his, click, flame.

Unless you have NO SOUL of course. :evil:

Prefer to cook with this, but my Cadac stove can take to big pans only thing it could do with a bit more power but it is fantastic for simmering stuff

g1vJe8TZR9il9OIfVOr2jA.jpg

It looks like some places have stock ... I've sent the email to order the 18" four burner with the break apart hinges now after reading some of the reviews. Sounds like a great stove but not of the same durability as the partner ones.

Does not look to be available anymore?

That's interesting! It's a relatively new stove so I'd be surprised if it's been discontinued but I guess it could have... I suspect they are just waiting for new stock. There are some retailers showing them as still in stock and they're all cheaper than buying direct. Others are showing it as shipping in 10-12 days suggesting new stock is coming.

It looks like some places have stock ... I've sent the email to order the 18" four burner with the break apart hinges now after reading some of the reviews. Sounds like a great stove but not of the same durability as the partner ones.

By all accounts the build quality and durability of Partner stoves is of the highest order. Camp Chef are not in the same league on this for sure.

By all accounts the build quality and durability of Partner stoves is of the highest order. Camp Chef are not in the same league on this for sure.
This is definitely reflected in the price

It would be nice to be able to see them side by side to assess.

Hi does anyone know what if anything I would have to do to make the Cook Partner stoves work in the UK? Are the fitting onto the gas bottles the same etc?
I asked Cook Partner and they did not know but told me that they have sold many to the UK.
Hoping that someone on here knows before I order.

I can't answer specifically but surely gas bottles all over the world look pretty much the same so connections should be uniform ?

Does it come with a hose fitted? Most of the time I just cut any end that doesn't fit as its rubber and fit my own

I can confirm that gas connectors/regulators are not all the same, so don't fit all gas bottles which are different.

:doh:butane connectors aren't the same as propane connectors as might not be blatantly obvious to incredibly thick people but regardless of what country you are in shops will sell the same replacement part .

From Cook master

"Perfect for anyone who needs to pack light but wants to cook a full meal! This stove is 8 lbs, 9 x12 x 3 1/2 inches when closed and has an intergraded windscreen in the lid. All of our stoves come with a hose to connect to a standard propane bottle. Gas comes in on the front of the stove on the right side."

Not all to do with butane or propane where incredibly thick people think that is the only difference.

It is all to do with what gas bottles will accept what connector/regulator, regardless of what you high light for hoses.
Gas bottles do not come as standard with regulator if needed for pressure requirements, some are clip on, some are screw on and sizes vary,
Gas bottles also do not come as standard so that a hose can be connected directly to them from the appliance if there are no pressure requirements needed.
Example, BP/Flogas fitting/regulator won't fit a Calor gas bottle, and vice versa, and there are others.
Gas bottles and their relevent fittings for connection to appliances vary, i.e. they are not plug and play without extras to suit, if available.
In places in Europe, Calor gas if you use it in UK for example, is not even available, so slim to no chance for those bottle connection/parts there if needed.

Back