Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pause for thought

You know, just the other day I was thinking exactly the same thing. :lol:

I went to a conference (Community Energy Scotland) last year where one of the 'big dudes' of Findhorn Foundatin gave a talk about carbon footprints.
I must admit that I feared the worst.........a hippy with that prius anti 4x4 car is the devil attitude and all the 'green bullshit that you might expect' from a person with an 'axe to grind' ( apologies for excessive use of '"'"(them things) !
What we actually got was a totally honest appraisel of their (findhorns) efforts to be green.
I was delighted to hear that the carbon footprint of the 'Findhorn' dweller was bellow average.
But (and I apologise because I dont recall his name) the speaker went on......untill you take into account several factors.
A : The average 'Findhorn' dweller used more than average international flights.
B: (not in order but recalled by drunken keyboard operator) the average "green" home had a higher carbon footprint than ya typical self build site carvan. Ergo if we all lived in these super inefficient static caravans the world would be better off !
So following on from the dreaded Clarkson, being green is killing the planet..........too drunk to discuss...bon nuit

Back