Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

PC World mis-selling, thanks!

frank rabbets

Guru
I go in to pc World for a new printer. There's the huge adverts "HP Envy 5020 £39.99p". I jump in, job done. I print off the net for 10 weeks no prob apart from buying ink every 10 seconds, but on the first photo I print it's rubbish so I take it back to PCW thinking they can keep it and I'll use it as a bargaining chip to buy a Canon printer. So the manager shows me the receipt and I had in fact bought 2 items originally which are clearly listed but not mentioned to me at the time,,, Printer £29.90p Customer Service Guarantee £10.00p. So they took the old printer back. Cost of new Canon worked out to £100 (minus £29.99p printer, minus £10.00p Guarantee cost, minus £10.00 goodwill = £50. So I got a half price printer. If they had not pointed all this out I would have told them to scrap the HP and would have paid 99.99p for the Canon.

They offered me a new PC Guarantee for £21 which I declined and said I would rely on the 12 months guarantee. I told them that's what I thought would happen with the HP but they had cocked it up.

I go in to pc World for a new printer. There's the huge adverts "HP Envy 5020 £39.99p". I jump in, job done. I print off the net for 10 weeks no prob apart from buying ink every 10 seconds, but on the first photo I print it's rubbish so I take it back to PCW thinking they can keep it and I'll use it as a bargaining chip to buy a Canon printer. So the manager shows me the receipt and I had in fact bought 2 items originally which are clearly listed but not mentioned to me at the time,,, Printer £29.90p Customer Service Guarantee £10.00p. So they took the old printer back. Cost of new Canon worked out to £100 (minus £29.99p printer, minus £10.00p Guarantee cost, minus £10.00 goodwill = £50. So I got a half price printer. If they had not pointed all this out I would have told them to scrap the HP and would have paid 99.99p for the Canon.

They offered me a new PC Guarantee for £21 which I declined and said I would rely on the 12 months guarantee. I told them that's what I thought would happen with the HP but they had cocked it up.
:clap::text-merryxmas:

Bit of a tip for buying Printers ! before you look at a printer check out the prices of the cartridges, then when you find the cheapest, then look what printer they fit then go an get that model

Bit of a tip for buying Printers ! before you look at a printer check out the prices of the cartridges, then when you find the cheapest, then look what printer they fit then go an get that model
Thats exactly why I've bought a laser printer, much more cost effective.

Frank that is the printer I bought from Currys for £34 and it is printing text and pictures just fine, maybe your one was just faulty and a replacement would have been OK.

A similar story had me quit shopping at pc world so long ago Frank i can't even remember exactly why i will never shop there again .

The mrs father was keen though despite my story he wanted whatever deal TV they offered so i gave him a lift to get it . He paid his money got the itemized receipt then said i don't want this or that just the TV i'm paying for so you better give me change .

HP Envy 4502 does everything and has proved reliable over about 3 years .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The epson 4500 series is a pretty good printer and you don't have any cartridges to worry about. It has ink reservoirs you just top up. You can also top up with non epson ink.

Had ours for over a year now and very happy with it.

Not cheap at £279 but good value if you print a lot especially photos

I will never buy from PC World or Currys...had and heard too many bad experiences

I bought a Canon from John Lewis, it refused to feed the paper unless I used 100gm quality so I asked for a return/replacement... they refunded the cost and told me to keep it.

Back