Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pedders lift

Matt Vee

Does anyone know if the pedders lift kit is literally a longer strut length or does the strut actually have longer travel? I noticed the active coil count is the same as stock so am assuming it's the same travel shock stroke unless the spring rate is different.
Do the springs have a higher, lower or the same rate as the toyota stock ones?

Thanks in advance.

I fitted a 2" Pedders lift to my Collie. I asked for as near stock spring rates to standard. When fitted the ride was very firm to the degree I thought it spoilt the truck. This opinion may have altered if I had winch bumper and winch, roof rack and drawers, sliders and so on to give it some work.
JMO as you did ask.

Cool, thanks, sounds like they just stiffened the springs or maybe increased the non active shock length.

Last edited:
I'd stay away from pedders shocks from the stories I've heard... I'm running pedders springs with Monroe shocks. Roughtrax sell the kit.

I'm not particularly interested in lifting my truck tbh
The stock system is fine as it is for what I do with it. In the future though I am going to make a long travel upper control arm and will be looking for a longer travel shock and coilover set up. Wondering how the pedders lift or monroe lift has been done so I don;t have to go wild and sell my kidney for so fox coilovers.

If you don't need a lift then i'd remove the anti roll bar and jack the truck up to gauge how much more drop you can achieve before the driveshaft binds . That same problem is what limits us to a 2 inch lift .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Did a bit of measuring and I think the shocks are just longer (monroes), no additional travel so to speak... albeit I'm convinced they must travel a bit more... hard to tell until she's moveable and I can get some articulation on the go. I've ditched both front and rear ARBs so that will be interesting to find out how it works. Am a little worried that rear will flex so much that centre brake line wont be long enough and handbrake cable will stretch like stretch armstrong!

@Shayne - arent you running without ARBs too?

I took the front one off ages ago and it felt better but then theres not much give in my pedders front suspension anyway , i haven't been off road with the rear arb removed but from memory brake and cable connect to the middle of the axle so regardless of how the wheels seesaw the axle can only drop pulling taught on the lines as much as it will if you prop the chassis and take the wheels off . Mines a swb though remember so different lines and possibly im left with more slack than you get on the lwb ?

I took the front one off ages ago and it felt better but then theres not much give in my pedders front suspension anyway , i haven't been off road with the rear arb removed but from memory brake and cable connect to the middle of the axle so regardless of how the wheels seesaw the axle can only drop pulling taught on the lines as much as it will if you prop the chassis and take the wheels off . Mines a swb though remember so different lines and possibly im left with more slack than you get on the lwb ?
Good point on the SWB vs LWB... will get it up on the forklift once it's at the workshop

Back