Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pension question

joinerman

Garage
I’m 68 and have been receiving the state pension since I was 65, my wife is 61 and doesn’t work so my pension has to provide for both of us, am I entitled to anything else ?

It's been a long time since i lived in the UK but the old income support ?
this might be helpful.
Running a small business & being self employed i claim every brass farthing i'm entitled to & you should do the same. Good luck & keep us posted.

Add
The thing is if you have any savings as I understood you can’t claim universal credit and you have to be under state pension age

Good old boy,
Am I correct in thinking you used to live in Wendover our am I going ga ga in my old age ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Joinerman I don't even know where Wendover is & no you're not going gaga.There are lots of myths & misinformation about the financial help available , so check it out.

It's been a long time since i lived in the UK but the old income support ?
this might be helpful.
Running a small business & being self employed i claim every brass farthing i'm entitled to & you should do the same. Good luck & keep us posted.
Something you else your an expert on!

There you go, straight from the horses mouth, Gov.UK. The basic State Pension - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Let's get one thing clear, State Pension is not a benefit it's a right for all.

I to have been 'Self Employed' and worked dam hard for every penny, I have never been given 'hand outs' from anyone and never sat down and worked hard at working out how I could claim every brass farthing, anyone that is proud of claiming every brass farthing in state benefits should go soak their heads, and wake up.

All my State Pension goes to WWF every month to help animals, as the world is over populated with humans, and most species of animals are on the verge of extinction all due to 'Over Population'

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never been given 'hand outs' from anyone and never sat dow and worked hard at working out how I could claim every brass farthing,
Me neither , my accountant takes care of all that.It seems that few others do so with an estimated 10 billion going unclaimed every year.

anyone that is proud of claiming every brass farthing in state benefits should go soak their heads, and wake up.
As should anyone self employed or running a small business who doesn't claim back any VAT or tax rebate the 're entitled to - that's what i was referring to in my original post.

Something you else your an expert on!

This thread is about jionermans call for info not a place to settle personal scores or sling mud.If you want a debate about the morality of claiming benefits start a thread.

Me neither , my accountant takes care of all that.It seems that few others do so with an estimated 10 billion going unclaimed every year.

As should anyone self employed or running a small business who doesn't claim back any VAT or tax rebate the 're entitled to - that's what i was referring to in my original post.

This thread is about jionermans call for info not a place to settle personal scores or sling mud.If you want a debate about the morality of claiming benefits start a thread.
You are such a trouble maker, and twister, you don't even live in the UK and haven't for a long time so why should you comment, you took this thread off topic not me. :icon-biggrin: :thumbup:

Your go.

Back