Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pin stripes or not?

Gary820

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Trying to decide what to do about the pin stripes on the 80.

Fitted a new wing and can't see me getting a good colour match for 20 year old stickers.

Had a go with the old wing and can get them off easily and polish it all up.

Question is do I bother re applying as will have to do both side so it matches?!

That's the old wing partly removed

20170807_211955.jpg

Opinions welcome :icon-biggrin:

I would say no, after a couple of weeks you'd have forgotten you ever had them.

I'd say no too. Were they original anyway?

Yeah they're original stripes. Maybe a spec thing.

I've been looking at the 4500i stickers for the rear 1/4 panels too

Screenshot_20170808-095039.png

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'll have to take them off to re apply so will leave off and see.
I already ordered a roll of silver from e bay.

It's supposed to have them but it's not supposed to have 35s etc so Not like keeping it pure lol

Sorry, but pin stripes belong on boy-racer old BMWs, IMHO.

And vx amazons apparently lol.

The missus says leave them off as I'll never be happy if don't get them straight and cover where they were.

I can afford 20bhp if leave them off lol.

I'm quite undecided but they'll have to come off either way.
I suppose I'll have to see if all come off as easy as the scrap wing. Just need it to stop raining now.

If only I had a workshop I was in charge of that I could go and use.....bugger lol.

Just drag it down a few tight green lanes, you'll have plenty of pinstripes, no one will notice ;-)

Just got rid of most of those type lol.
Don't like tight scratchy lanes.

Are you missing them Gary?

I had to take the decision to do away with the side plastic/rubber strip thingy down each side, when I fitted the over-arches. It never had arches from factory, so those trims were longer than those with arches.
I tried cutting them down but they looked crap, so I took them off altogether, and had the mounting holes welded up.
I'm used to it now, and don't miss them at all.

It does look a little different tbh, the little silver stripes broke the black up a bit, I see it everyday so prob notice it more.

My arms are aching from 2 grades of rubbing compound plus polish to get everything to blend together, my machine polisher is dead so done it all by hand! Worth it though.

Not sure I could lose the the plastic trims! Need somewhere for the VX badges to live lol

Back