Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Plastic cover

Matthew1955

Country Flag
wales
Hi All.
Can anyone tell me where I might be able to get the oval plastic cover that fits into the bash plate and covers the oil drain plug and also the gasket for the oil pickup without going to a main dealer.My plastic cover is missing and when I come to do the oil pickup clean I would like to fit a new one and know the whole of the underside is protected,thanks

Hi All.
Can anyone tell me where I might be able to get the oval plastic cover that fits into the bash plate and covers the oil drain plug and also the gasket for the oil pickup without going to a main dealer.My plastic cover is missing and when I come to do the oil pickup clean I would like to fit a new one and know the whole of the underside is protected,thanks
The oil pick up gasket should be all right to reuse you would have to be very rough with it to make it no good just don't lose or damage it when you remove the strainer its job is to stop metal to metal and not leaks just don't lose it , I have looked on ebay for plastic cover under engine none showed up , you could wait until one shows up , or buy one from a main dealer if you don't like the dealer you have recently dealt with you could try another dealer . I have looked on the parts list I have and unless the part changed as my car is a july 09 car the part number is 51457-35030 and the price is in euro 21.57 plus vat a lot of money for a bit of plastic , I would make one myself out of a bit of plastic you could use the plastic of an old black bucket or something similar , if you mark out the shape on paper by tracing the shape on the engine cover hole use it as a temp plate and add 3 small tags to the shape that will hold it in place like the original has and its done , or you could go to scrap yard and try to find one lc120 s are hard to find in yards . just an idea
regards Tony

The oil pick up gasket should be all right to reuse you would have to be very rough with it to make it no good just don't lose or damage it when you remove the strainer its job is to stop metal to metal and not leaks just don't lose it , I have looked on ebay for plastic cover under engine none showed up , you could wait until one shows up , or buy one from a main dealer if you don't like the dealer you have recently dealt with you could try another dealer . I have looked on the parts list I have and unless the part changed as my car is a july 09 car the part number is 51457-35030 and the price is in euro 21.57 plus vat a lot of money for a bit of plastic , I would make one myself out of a bit of plastic you could use the plastic of an old black bucket or something similar , if you mark out the shape on paper by tracing the shape on the engine cover hole use it as a temp plate and add 3 small tags to the shape that will hold it in place like the original has and its done , or you could go to scrap yard and try to find one lc120 s are hard to find in yards . just an idea
regards Tony
Just had an idea use the base of a plastic washing up bowl cut longer than the template oval wise and drill two small holes in each oval of the engine cover and same with your plastic and use two stainless steel self tapping screws to hold it in place use a bit of copper grease on the screws so they don't ever cease up .

Just had an idea use the base of a plastic washing up bowl cut longer than the template oval wise and drill two small holes in each oval of the engine cover and same with your plastic and use two stainless steel self tapping screws to hold it in place use a bit of copper grease on the screws so they don't ever cease up .
Thanks Tony,
The reason I was trying to avoid the main dealer was that when I ask about the part yesterday they quoted me £172 which I was not prepared to pay.I quite happy paying £21.57 or I might just make one as I'm sure we need a new washing up bowl.

Thanks Tony,
The reason I was trying to avoid the main dealer was that when I ask about the part yesterday they quoted me £172 which I was not prepared to pay.I quite happy paying £21.57 or I might just make one as I'm sure we need a new washing up bowl.
get down to wilkinsons and get yourself a washing up bowl for about £2 look for a black one if possible , even if you buy the part from toyota who is to say it wont come off if you drive in snow or soil or over bumps as it only clips on with a tag at the edges . If you make your own and screw it on at the two ends it wont come off .
regards Tony

Hmm, Plastic seal , Bash plates .....I guess mine must be missing when I bought my car :(

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Give Simon Holton a call and tell him you are from here, you should be able to get a better price. [email protected]

I've had my 120 from new, and I no longer have that plastic plate, I would not bother if I was you...

You'd have to double check, but I think that the part that you're after is 514573-5030. Worth having a look on Amayama, I bought a door switch through them a few weeks ago for my 120 and including postage (as it was under the import duty and VAT threshold), it was still cheaper than the dealer price here.

Thanks Guys,
I think I'm going to go down the washing up bowl route as suggested by Tony,its only a bit of plastic after all and as he suggests screwing it in place is more secure than the clips that come with the original design.Im guessing that the original came off due to the clips not being that secure.

Back