Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

PLEASE HELP! :) ALTERNATOR NOT BRINGING CHARGE TO CAR!

Zoee Challenor

Country Flag
australia
Ok so this is the 4the brand new alternator I have bought and still they keep blowing up. The battery discharge warning light will not show up on the dash now. So have checked all fuses necessary as my husbands a mechanic but need an auto sparkly to help with the wiring side of things. Somebody please help! :) :)

I'm no electrician and usually, with alternator problems, the first call is bad connections in the plug on the back of the unit where the vehicle harness connects to the unit.

It's not such a bad job to clean and test those connections first, before you start doing any further investigations.

After that, I can't help, but there may be others on here with some real advice soon.

By the way, welcome to the forum Zoee and your 105.:text-welcomewave:

We're always pleased to hear a bit about mew members and their cruisers (especially 105s as there's not so many members with them and they're such a great truck) so a post in the Introduce Yourself section would be appreciated by all.

And of course photos, were addicted to photos, of anything, you, your truck, where you visit, the area where you live, just about anything :lol:
:banana-gotpics:

Hi Zo and welcome.

When you say it has blown up do you mean really burned out or do you mean just stopped working? If the latter then as Clive has said above. If the former thenmore info may be needed.

Best wishes
Richard

As Clive said - check all of your connections (especially the earth on the block and chassis via the fusible link) and it could pay to have your batteries properly tested as well to make sure they are actually healthy.

Hi!

Hmm,, if You have "blown" 4 Alternators already I`d suggest You file a warranty claim with whoever has been working on Your truck. This is certainly not normal provided the rest is good.
Any descent automechanic should be able to tell You if the connection between the battery/batteries & the alternator is good. If not, have it rectified & then sort the alternator.

Unless the alternator is working way out of its designed range, they should be good for many many years....

Back