Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Police want Him put down!!

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Just returned from Africa, to learn we had an attempted break in over Xmas. The thief was quite badly bitten according to reports!

Had a visit from the Police today, together with the council's dog warden and they want my boy "put-down".

P1020652.jpg

What made me see red, was sitting in the council's vehicle with full police approval, was the smirking cretinous little shit, who had come to ID the dog.

He's being let off with a caution and I have now been cautioned for failing to keep my dog under proper control, obstructing the law for refusing to deliver the dog to them today, together with a potential fine and the having to pay compensation to the "victim"

Well over my dead fucking body!!

:angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming:

FFS, and there in one post is exactly what's wrong with this country. Sorry to hear that Lazz

That makes me incredibly sick and angry... This country's legal system is going down the drain

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When will they bloody see sense. We cought people steeling diesel from our pumps the worked at the company. Sacked on the spot. Took the company to court ended up with nearly £10k in compensation for unfair dismissal as they were only borrowing it. Just be carefull if it ends up in court.
Remember you can set the payments on what you can afford. I am sure you can end up with not much spare at the end of the month.
Stu

My god what is this country coming to, I know what I would do with the thieving git

WTF are you supposed to do, put the dog in a cage while you're not in the house? What is the law coming to these days. How did the police catch the intruder, or did he have the nerve to put in a complaint?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's ridiculous, attemt to break into someone's property then get away with it plus get compensation. Best of luck getting things sorted

Ridiculous!! Tell your story to the a national newspaper....

No way they should be making him an honourary police dog for enforcing the law! In reality the dog is only protecting his territory and the low-life is tresspassing. As I recall you have got signs up as well.:eusa-snooty:

I don't get it. What about properties which are protected by 'guard dogs roaming free' in the grounds. Do they have some sort of licence or do the warning signs exempt them from prosecution.

It's illegal for any dog to be "dangerously out of control" and unfortunately, in the eyes of the law, this seems to include your own home!
https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public/overview

The fact that someone is breaking in obviously doesn't count for much then.

How the hell did we come to this state of affairs?

I once read every high court ruling for the previous 10 years as i was representing myself before the high court aiming to challenge an accepted and often exercised principal of law regarding "a duty of care" (gorringe v Calderdale) and only because of this i understand how the law works . Pay the fine and compensation as it shows you comply with the law , then have a solicitor issue proceedings against the burglar and seek compensation for your troubles .

Sounds bloody stupid i know but that's how it works , the Judge will feel exactly the same way we do over this matter but his hands are tied unless you give him the chance to put it right . Hope this helps .

"Contrary to what most people think, homeowners actually owe a duty of care to trespassers to ensure they do not come to any harm, which means if there is a hazard on your property you might reasonably be expected to offer some protection. And you mustn't lay traps to put off trespassers or you could be liable for a claim for compensation.For adult trespassers, in most cases the duty of care will be met if you put up a fence and display a notice warning of the danger." - http://www.theguardian.com/money/2007/jun/08/yourrights.legal

Well you know I am on your side here fella. And that of your owner of course. Good dog.

Looking at the positive side here, you have been 'let off' and nothing more terminal than that so maybe someone out there DOES get this and it's justice of sorts. Now in relation to a claim for compensation, the scutter that you had a chew on has to prove that he was owed a duty of care. And in fairness if he was a Postie, he would have been. But as a scumbag, house-breaking, fuck-wit, he's actually not owed anything of the sort. I am sure that you were frightened by his presence and just reacted as any good dog would be when threatened by a stranger.

Wonder what the RSPCA would have to say about someone trying break in and harm a pet?

Let's just be careful with that trespasser stuff. That is about a duty of care, a reasonable duty to those who would be regarded as innocent. It does not extend fully to those involved in a criminal activity. If you are genuinely wandering and come to harm, well maybe. But if you break in then all bets are off. Sure the mantrap rules still apply but for every case you put up in support there is one to the contrary. The lads who broke in for a swim, dived into the pool only to fin there was no water in it for example. Paraplegic. But no compensation. The wall was 8 feet high. You have no duty to consider someone doing this.

The Tony Martin case was about reasonable FORCE after the event. This isn't the same. He also held firearms illegally. This dog was under control. It was in a house!

Last edited:
A very sad and angering story of our dysfunctional society. It may be worth seeking legal advice as to your position and best course of action re the fine and possible compensation claim, many insurance policies (life/house/car) as well as some vehicle breakdown policies have free legal advice included these days, I'm told they can advise on many things, not just the subject of the insurance.

Can you sue the criminal for damage to your property? Maybe for your mental distress since the crime? Possibly even for your dogs distress? After all, you are both victims of crime.

IMO your dog did exactly what he should in the situation, if the person on your property was no threat then no harm would come to them, if they are there unlawfully then they take their chances. We had a break in last year, fortunately the doberman meant that they closed the door just as soon as they opened it. He didn't take kindly to people who were a threat, and neither would have I had they still been there when I got down the stairs.

At least the criminal knows that your dog is still there, if he ever was so stupid to try again. The police and council should have better things to be doing with their time.

Fine looking dog by the way.

These kind of things make my blood boil - everything seems biased towards the potential criminals/perpetrators and against the victims.

Hope it all gets sorted - a fine looking deputy you got there too. :icon-cool:

Could it be that your being victimized due to breed prejudice ?

Yep the legal system is an Ass!

Rotties are not on the dangerous dogs list, my property is securely fenced and gated and there are signs warning of dogs for all to see. He was on my land without proper cause and with intent to cause damage and harm.

I have no intention of letting this animal be put down !!

The rest I can deal with, with plenty of legal support around.

Lost for words!! it's coming close to the time when we close the door to this country and turn the lights off on the way out. Good luck....

Back