Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Poor heater

Buller

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
My Colorado heater is blowing out mildly hot air. It just doesn't seem to be able to blow out hot air. I've checked the temp of the pipes going into and out of the heating matrix and they are very hot when engine at temp. Can just about hold them.
Anyone any ideas why the truck heater is just poor, I've owned this one for 16 years and as far as I can remember its always been the same...or are they all like that??
Just joined the forum but looks great.

Is there a blockage in the matrix that is preventing the heat to get though? It should be warm in the cabin..

The heater matrix works like a reverse radiator so the same applies in terms of air flow....
Your matrix may have a good flow of hot water through it but if the blower cant blow air through it then you won't get warm air .... do 90's have a pollen filter ?
Do you get a good blast of air come out the heater vents even if it is cold or luke warm ?

Thanks for that. There isn’t a pollen filter that I can see on this one. However it doesn’t blow out that well hot or cold. Could be a blockage in and around the vents maybe l, as it sounds like you’re pointing to. I’ll have a look later and let you know. Off wooding in a bit

90 series (at least in Australia with the poverty grade manual heater knobs) doesn't have a pollen filter. Maybe it's worth isolating the matrix and just running the garden hose through it for a few mins to ensure it's free of crud - surely just a little flow could cause warm pipes but naff all output?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Back