Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Power window gremlins

Sheppsy

Country Flag
australia
Hi All,
have a weird one and trying to find more information/diagrams after trawling the net and here seeing if anyone has heard of a similar problem.
I bought the cruiser second hand and rear drivers window didn't work and because the master power window switch seemed dicky thought it was a switch fault.
got it home and finally got to replacing switch, no go.
took rear door apart and found the window regulator removed and a block of wood screwed in place to jam window shut, no wonder it wasn't working!
ordered replacement window regulator and motor, only to find it was 5 pin plug not the 2 pin plug in the vehicle.
thought no worries will just join wires as under test using an alternative DC voltage source the motor when in position would wind window up and down so went to test wiring to check polarity/direction and that door only has voltage in one direction. checked other door and yep voltage both ways with opposite polarity for opposite direction as expected.
thought I'd check if got correct voltage and polarity if operated from master/drivers switch panel and I get nothing up or down.
so I get voltage one direction (down from memory) at local switch and nothing in the other direction and nothing at all if I try to control from mater/drivers switch.
tried swapping back door switches to eliminate possible problem with the switch and seems switches are fine.
any ideas?
thanks in advance!

Hey Sheppsy, welcome. Afraid I can't shed any light on your problem, sorry. Except to say that block of wood is not genuine and doesn't have a part number.!! As no one answered yet, didn't want you to feel ignored, lol.
Hang in there mate, as well as a few nutty ones there are some good knowledgeable members on here who hopefully will point you in the right direction. Cheers.

Does this help? Knowing your cruiser's model number, and month and year of production could help in helping you.
1601585040214.png

Hey Sheppsy, welcome. Afraid I can't shed any light on your problem, sorry. Except to say that block of wood is not genuine and doesn't have a part number.!! As no one answered yet, didn't want you to feel ignored, lol.
Hang in there mate, as well as a few nutty ones there are some good knowledgeable members on here who hopefully will point you in the right direction. Cheers.
thanks for that!

Back