Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

PPI Result (well i never)

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Every time i turned on the TV or the Computer or opened the paper I was bombarded with the usual.. "Have you claimed your PPI nonsense" ... I do remember having a loan about 25 yrs ago cant even remember what for. so i thought F@%k it and filled out the on line form.. expecting nothing.. And forgot about it.. That was about 10 weeks ago... Yesterday got a payment for £1200 (give or take a tenner) Not bad for 30seconds work.. It will get me some discs and calipers for the 80.. So dont despair .. fill the form out "Ya never Know.. Fu@k em..:thumbup: For Christs sake dont tell the Missus...

Did the same. Got nothing. Which wasn't a surprise as I can't recall ever having any. Worth a spin though.

Yes, irritating as they are, it's not actually a scam. I never bothered until a mate got back 1300 quid. I got £650.

Yes, irritating as they are, it's not actually a scam. I never bothered until a mate got back 1300 quid. I got £650.
My missus sister who was up to her armpits in Credit store Cards . Ended up getting £7000 Back... Jammy Cow

My missus sister who was up to her armpits in Credit store Cards . Ended up getting £7000 Back... Jammy Cow
It seems to pay nowadays to be In debt higgy..

My mrs has it still on a 70 grand mortgage but they cant help ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My mrs has it still on a 70 grand mortgage but they cant help ?
Change mortgage. Claim it. ?

Mind you, it’s only on PPI that’s considered ‘miss-sold’.

Last edited:
"No ppi means no mortgage" hows that for miss-sold .

I'm sick of telling her , they wont deal will me and i can't answer questions anyway because she won't give me the answers . "yeah i will do it next week"

None for me either , not fair - just coz i've never had credit :|

"No ppi means no mortgage" hows that for miss-sold .

I'm sick of telling her , they wont deal will me and i can't answer questions anyway because she won't give me the answers . "yeah i will do it next week"
Sounds miss sold to me. Thought you meant they weren’t entertaining it.

It actually says no ppi means no mortgage in her original paperwork , but her mortgage broker no longer exists and nor does her mortgage lender , its been sold and sold again and the only point of contact is the current lender who says nothing to do with us . So far she's paid interest on £2500 for 12 years (the cost of insurance was added to the mortgage , no doubt at some ludicrous APR) .

Someone posted a link on the forum to an online ppi search page once , i did it and it came back as nothing recorded ?

She talked to the ombudsman who told her to talk to her lender , the lender told her to talk to the lender they bought out , the ombudsman said you have to talk to your lender , she said the original loan was sold by a company that no longer exists to the one who's reply i just sent you , the ombudsman "oh i will get back to you" 3 weeks later her email host shut down .

If i talk about it now we end up arguing and my open offer to pay off her mortgage tomorrow if she does it today falls on deaf ears so to hell with it .

I was very lucky with the PPI last year, saved my bacon, Mum had a couple strokes last April, The PPI meant I didn't have to stress about bills so much and be there for her. While she was in hospital a PPI payment came through for her of nearly 5 Grand. Of course when I applying for her and myself, we both didn't think we would get anything. It probably took a a total 2hr of my time. We were both very lucky.

G

Iv never liked the claim culture we live in now, I remember when i left the coal mines, All my friends were claiming for Deafness, Vibration white finger, etc etc. all false claims. One lad got 12 Grand in payouts .. I didnt claim because i thought it was wrong.. I didnt have VWF nor was i deaf. even tho I worked on the Coal face for Ten years. The only thing that made me do the PPI thing. Was i thought they would stop e mailing me And Presto.. They Have..:thumbup:

So how did you do it H? Did you do it yourself or use those that kept pestering?

So how did you do it H? Did you do it yourself or use those that kept pestering?
One company in particular always seemed to be at the forefront of it all so i went with them.. They say its all done on line, But they did send a form out to fill in.. Name, address , Basically.. Sent it off and never heard a thing till the other day.. I have heard some folk say they had a bad experience and it was all a bit of a nightmare.. The Company was Taylor Edwards..

I had three ppi payouts over about nine months totaling nearly 8k then about eighteen months later i had a letter from Barclays saying they had made a mistake calculating my payment, my heart sank thinking they want a load back BUT they had under paid me and enclosed a cheque for another 3k, happy days.

I had three ppi payouts over about nine months totaling nearly 8k then about eighteen months later i had a letter from Barclays saying they had made a mistake calculating my payment, my heart sank thinking they want a load back BUT they had under paid me and enclosed a cheque for another 3k, happy days.
Good on "yer" mate..Good to see a bit of good luck Now and then.. Thats a decent Payout

It actually says no ppi means no mortgage in her original paperwork , but her mortgage broker no longer exists and nor does her mortgage lender , its been sold and sold again and the only point of contact is the current lender who says nothing to do with us . So far she's paid interest on £2500 for 12 years (the cost of insurance was added to the mortgage , no doubt at some ludicrous APR) .

Someone posted a link on the forum to an online ppi search page once , i did it and it came back as nothing recorded ?

She talked to the ombudsman who told her to talk to her lender , the lender told her to talk to the lender they bought out , the ombudsman said you have to talk to your lender , she said the original loan was sold by a company that no longer exists to the one who's reply i just sent you , the ombudsman "oh i will get back to you" 3 weeks later her email host shut down .

If i talk about it now we end up arguing and my open offer to pay off her mortgage tomorrow if she does it today falls on deaf ears so to hell with it .
Sounds like this one would be worth getting a company to sort for you. They would earn their fee but it could well be worth it. I expect that’s what you’ve been telling Helen. :lol:

I really wouldn't use a company, they take 25%. Its really easy to do online. Just go to the banks and credit card company website you will find the forms there to fill in. It will look a lot, I recon I only filled in about 10% of the forms.

I got about 11k in the end.

G

Back