Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pressure washer with short lance

Rob Cowell

Country Flag
wales
Thinking about my rusty 120 and my attempts to keep it clean underneath. The biggest issue I have is being able to angle my pressure washer lance into the nooks and crannies. The sensible solution would be to buy a 4-post lift, and a garage to put it in. But as a stop-gap I'm looking for a short lance I can get under the car with and use. My washer is pretty old so even a new washer that supports a stubby-lance would be worth looking at. Does anyone have such a thing, or seen one?

Thinking about my rusty 120 and my attempts to keep it clean underneath. The biggest issue I have is being able to angle my pressure washer lance into the nooks and crannies. The sensible solution would be to buy a 4-post lift, and a garage to put it in. But as a stop-gap I'm looking for a short lance I can get under the car with and use. My washer is pretty old so even a new washer that supports a stubby-lance would be worth looking at. Does anyone have such a thing, or seen one?

I have a two 2 piece quick release type lance, it separates at the trigger point you can get different interchangable lances to fit, however I just sawed an old spare lance to the correct shorter length put a thread on it to fit a nozzle back on, job done.

On eBay you can buy the complete trigger and lances for around £40 so not really a big spend, I raised my 100 up with a forkilift and long pallet tines to get some good access last time I cleaned it underneath, they lift nicely on the chassis.

You do not want to be steam cleaning under your truck inside the workshop as it would be a fair amount to clean up afterwards.

Hope this helps

I've got one of these...
102598-Petrol-Driven-Power-Washer-2013-inc-reflection.jpg
with one of these...
gutterwand_2.jpg
I used to hoy the LR90 up an A frame with the winch to get access underneath, never really needed to do that with the 80, with a 4" lift on 315's I can almost limbo under it

When I did mine I put some waterproof pants and top on,put my jack on some breeze blocks to get the extra lift and then pre-sprayed it with some watered down TFR left it abit and then washed off,came up mint.

Back