Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Project 80: Codename Grey Ghost

You did. I think it's a bit over the top, but the guy clearly seems to like Cruisers. Can't be bad.

Is is there a link or may I ask for scan of the 4 page article? Sounds interesting.

Is is there a link or may I ask for scan of the 4 page article? Sounds interesting.

It was actually a 6 page article, here it is;

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Thanks for sharing Chris, I enjoyed reading that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Super write-up, thanks for sharing.

.....it's one of the most beautifully turned out expedition trucks you'll ever see.
:thumbup:

Thanks for posting Chas. Very happy with it, just don't mention the awful noises from the gearbox. Have to get that sorted over the Winter

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great article Chris … especially as I had a good look at your setup & mods at the Overland Show :icon-wink:

Great write up there Chris. Most impressed and intended spending some time purring over your workmanship on the Sunday at Stratford but alas 'twas not to be.

Shame it didn't feature the Gullwing doors ...

Just to be clear - it wasn't ME who wrote it you know. I just turned up and let them do their thing.

Don't be shy, you're allowed to feel proud of your hard work.

Oh I am, I just don't want people thinking I wrote it!

its nice to see a cruiser in the offroad mag instead of a landy. The Cruiser looks very Tidy Chris:thumbup:

Shame it didn't feature the Gullwing doors ...

Just to be clear - it wasn't ME who wrote it you know. I just turned up and let them do their thing.

Hmmm yes that did cross my mind but there will be other opportunities (hopefully), ok I was kicking myself, quite a lot.

I did wonder if you had a hand in the writing (only as sometimes this is the way these things come about) and decided not as it wasn't your style and contained one or two inaccuracies, typos etc.

Monkey wrote it…didn't he?

[emoji6]

Hah, you got me. Guilty as charged. Damn his little monkey fingers.

Great write up Chris, and well done on achieving a highly respected Overlander. There's a lot of hours work and thought in that.
Nice suspension too.... :icon-wink:

Yeah, it was OK. I just about struggled round. I took a couple of direct hits and broke off a front bump stop at one point. I hit it again so hard, I actually think I have cracked a wing. The spring rates and damping did seem perfectly matched to the load I have to say. Lovely on tar and in the rocks, I didn't lose any teeth. And the paint hasn't fallen off whcih I can't say about other brands I have had.

Very impressive Chris - you sure have been busy :shock:

Either you've started to work faster than Ben or I've been away longer than I thought :wtf:.

Will need to catch up (and have a much closer look) at future Lincomb etc....

Faster than Ben? Not possible. He has a TARDIS I am sure. Yes been busy but just about done and winding down, putting the tools away. Few new bits, some mods and a bit of repair work to do after the Morocco trip. But not going to be a winter on my knees, hopefully. Not sure what to do with my time. Need to start thinking about next year's trip. Going to buy extra holiday again so I'll have 35 days plus stats. Should get me somewhere!

Back