Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Project Burger-80 series

My second car, annoyingly i never got a photo of it. It was great fun, died after hitting a big metal ladder on the m25 at 90mph. The petrol tank never recovered, couldnt find one at the breakers and it was before the internet so after leaking petrol on the drive for six months my parents got it towed away. " its ok son, we wont charge you for the tow truck":wtf:

Tell you what though mate cars of that era are fetching silly money now, when you look back at what you wrote off or scrapped be worth a fortune now.

Tell you what though mate cars of that era are fetching silly money now, when you look back at what you wrote off or scrapped be worth a fortune now.

It was a hatchback too, there were loads of saloons about but they had a different petrol tank

Right then I'm shit with computers and my 12 year old isn't about so you can forget this link business, but heres the item number 151679805880:icon-biggrin:

Great, thank you very much. Are you happy with them? How do they fit? Adhesive tape or otherwise?

Great, thank you very much. Are you happy with them? How do they fit? Adhesive tape or otherwise?

I'm very pleased with them they work well, they are stuck on with 3m tape easy to fit and no drilling of holes.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just fitted a new synthetic winch rope and alloy hawse.
WIN_20160509_134350.JPG

Now there's a caption competition if ever I saw one.

Now there's a caption competition if ever I saw one.
Never thought about the van being in the shot:mask:
How's chalk and cheese to start the competition off, no prizes, winner get's smart arse of the year award:mask:

I was going to say, "So your neighbour decided to buy that new Discovery after all then ..."

WIN_20170309_124910.JPG
Fitted my new bumper today, along with a new winch, not wired the winch up yet as I'm fitting an allbright under the bonnet out of the way, also fitted antitheft caps to the mounting bolts.
Just got to decide on lights now, not keen on light bars, I think a pair of 9" hid pencil beams is on the cards.

Finally had time to fit the 9" hid spotsView attachment 126670
Switches.View attachment 126671
Fitted power socket and USB charger in the back for Sophia's I pad.View attachment 126672

Very neat, it's just a pity they have to be mounted so low. I made the mistake of installing 2 ciggy sockets there, and all that happens is rear passengers (especially kids) tread on the USB plugs :icon-rolleyes:

If they could be mounted higher up, they'd be out of the way of feet, but there's no room behind the pocket box thingy to get anything in higher up.

Anyway, I'm going to swap them for a couple of USB twin sockets, Ana can charge her phones and the 2 iPads, bloody hell, I never manage to get my hands on my iPad until she's gone to bed! :crazy:

Bit of an update. Got the window rubbers fitted so now the windows wind up and down:icon-biggrin:. Have rebuilt one of my old winches and fitted it. Removed the full exhaust system and made a 3" straight through, although this will be getting some more work as it is currently too loud:icon-twisted:

I have also sprayed and refitted the wheel arches in readiness for bigger tyres
View attachment 35473
Hi -

Where did you get the replacement window rubbers?

Back