Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Project 'red van' (says the 4 year old) build thread

I dont know what you Guy's do for work, But id be thinking of getting your selves a Workshop. And have a go at making a living out of this.. .... Ooooo! if Only I was 30yrs younger with a couple of well enthusiastic Mates.. All the Best to 'Ya'...... An 80 series next? Im guessing:thumbup:

I dont know what you Guy's do for work, But id be thinking of getting your selves a Workshop. And have a go at making a living out of this.. .... Ooooo! if Only I was 30yrs younger with a couple of well enthusiastic Mates.. All the Best to 'Ya'...... An 80 series next? Im guessing:thumbup:

Josh is a fabricator
Callum is a production plant engineer
Chris is a chemical compound blender
And I'm an IT consultant.

Right old hodge podge :)

Have often thought about starting up, it's always the same issue though... Customers... Not that many people with the pockets for it.

Josh is a fabricator

Have often thought about starting up, it's always the same issue though... Customers... Not that many people with the pockets for it.
Sounds like the perfect Blend for Knobbing up old Land Cruisers.:lol:....Your doing a great job Lads:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thats a member on here selling that one.. If i didnt have my 80 Project, I would have it in a Flash.. Its a good Truck.. Belonged to a few members on here so we all know its History..... The seller (Will) would like it to go to another member if possible, Keep it in the Family so to speak... Id Love it..

Thats a member on here selling that one.. If i didnt have my 80 Project, I would have it in a Flash.. Its a good Truck.. Belonged to a few members on here so we all know its History..... The seller (Will) would like it to go to another member if possible, Keep it in the Family so to speak... Id Love it..
Have you got Will's username on here?

Josh is a fabricator

I'm not jealous :eusa-snooty: just because i bought 5 cars this family is driving and had to walk a mile home when the welding shop asked me to leave my truck there , nope not jealous at all :whistle:

I'm not jealous :eusa-snooty: just because i bought 5 cars this family is driving and had to walk a mile home when the welding shop asked me to leave my truck there , nope not jealous at all :whistle:
Hey Shayne, just realised you're only in south wales... i'm only in wilts... if you ever fancy a trip over would love to take a look at your truck

And in more exciting news.... locker parts!

Thye guy at a2z autoparts just told me he sourced it from the UAE!!!

IMG-20190729-WA0002.jpg IMG-20190729-WA0000.jpg IMG-20190729-WA0001.jpg

Welcome along to the forum Mr F.
Rear diff lockers are the same as 80 fronts and can usually be found S/H as they generally fare better than rears. 80 wheels go straight on and look right and are readily available and you can go to 275/285 of you have a lift.
The rear axle issues are becoming common these days and a new case is the best option.View attachment 156870

This is my old Collie with a 2" lift and 80 wheels with 275/70/16's on so you know what the "look" is.

This looks great. Thinking of spraying mine all black like this or dark grey.

It'll be satin black body and chassis (raptor), matt black wheels, cadbury purple calipers and badges (wife's choice)

Hey Shayne, just realised you're only in south wales... i'm only in wilts... if you ever fancy a trip over would love to take a look at your truck

I assume you mean my 90 , why has shamefully been on a sorn for over a year and for no reason at all other than i have 2 of them and an 80 when the mrs and me could manage perfectly well with one car between us .

Be good to hook up for some off road fun some time though :thumbup:

I assume you mean my 90 , why has shamefully been on a sorn for over a year and for no reason at all other than i have 2 of them and an 80 when the mrs and me could manage perfectly well with one car between us .

Be good to hook up for some off road fun some time though :thumbup:
Sounds like a plan for sure! The plains are just outside my frotn door.

Back