Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Project 'red van' (says the 4 year old) build thread

The mrs is fond of saying "it will be good once you've put your stamp on it" :D

The mrs is fond of saying "it will be good once you've put your stamp on it" :D
Lol mine prefers 'oh my god that looks like a lot of work!' generally followed by 'how much is it gonna cost?' ... However when I aks her what tyres she wants on her truck she'll immediately point me at a set of 285/75/r16 bfg at ko2s and say 'them, they're the best, don't care what they cost' lol!!

Strange creatures aren't they , she told me off because her truck mysteriously got taller when i "fixed the suspension" but when she needed new tyres and i suggested she could have the 285/75 cooper muds on 16x8 rims off my truck so i can try something else she grinned bright enough to turn night to day .

I made myself beans on toast for tea the day my 305/70 R16'son 16x10 rims turned up , seems she was in a bad mood about something and it wasn't the price i paid for them :confusion-shrug:

Strange creatures aren't they , she told me off because her truck mysteriously got taller when i "fixed the suspension" but when she needed new tyres and i suggested she could have the 285/75 cooper muds on 16x8 rims off my truck so i can try something else she grinned bright enough to turn night to day .

I made myself beans on toast for tea the day my 305/70 R16'son 16x10 rims turned up , seems she was in a bad mood about something and it wasn't the price i paid for them :confusion-shrug:

I'm starting to wonder if we're married to the same woman!!

Started cutting some of the rot out today... Almost therputic!

Couple of progress pics... Welding planned for 28th/28th

IMG_20190706_191559__01.jpg IMG_20190706_191537__01.jpg

Thinking about making wide arches and ditching the plastics...

Anyone any tips on replacing the air con rad? Mainly how to safely(ish) degass?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just disconnect it but make sure you walk away after it starts degassing. The refrigerant will disperse into the atmosphere and is pretty safe as long as you don't such loads in.

Mr Finit carry on the way you are going and you will have a truck that will be around long after stonehenge has turned to dust and while im here have a set of arb torsion bars for a surf but have been told that they can fit some 90 cruisers with torsion bar suspension

Anti roll bars I assume you refer to sir? Do you know the diameters?

Torsion bars that go from chassis to front lower wishbones will go to shed and measure them up for you

Right then part no 303003 a pair of about L 1015 x 25 mil across i do say about as got bad eyes

Right hoy will give mine a measure in a bit... You got a rear too?

Think you got it wrong under the drivers door area on the chassis is a big adjuster nut about 30 mil in size which adjusts the hight of the front suspension and the torsion bars go from there to the front lower wish bone of the independant front suspension if you have a workshop manual be best to have a look before you spend out for the wrong thing

Think you got it wrong under the drivers door area on the chassis is a big adjuster nut about 30 mil in size which adjusts the hight of the front suspension and the torsion bars go from there to the front lower wish bone of the independant front suspension if you have a workshop manual be best to have a look before you spend out for the wrong thing

Wouldn't be the first time ;)

I'll take a look in a bit.

You are on springs and shocks so of no use to you

Did you say you were upgrading suspension to Pedders ? If so scrap the the arb's you won't need them .

Did you say you were upgrading suspension to Pedders ? If so scrap the the arb's you won't need them .
Probably iron man... Still OK without the arbs? I'm used to ditching them on old discos.... Wibbly wobbly!

Don't know what it is but I walk past the truck and parts fall off. . Front strip down commenced.

IMG_20190707_174128.jpg

Back